Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Galaxy S6 Edge problem

ReputationRep:
    the auto-brightness feature/bug is ruining my life.

It brightens up when the phone is exposed to light, good. It dims when there isn't much light, good.

But when I'm in a room in the daytime it dims unexpectedly and it's so annoying. It dims when it shouldn't and it's so infuriating especially when you consider how pricey it is.

Who else suffers from this and is there any fix?

ReputationRep:
    There's probably a problem with the sensor. You might want to get it repaired, do you have warranty?
    Or you could just contact Samsung explaining the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you might want to check this link out too:
    http://itechify.com/2015/09/06/how-t...ghtness-issue/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    Oh, you might want to check this link out too:
    http://itechify.com/2015/09/06/how-t...ghtness-issue/
    It's just a bunch of jargon and hopelessness to be honest. Deox(ing) my 'ROM'?

I'll contact Samsung and suffer in silence. I've had the phone for a long time now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    the auto-brightness feature/bug is ruining my life.

It brightens up when the phone is exposed to light, good. It dims when there isn't much light, good.

But when I'm in a room in the daytime it dims unexpectedly and it's so annoying. It dims when it shouldn't and it's so infuriating especially when you consider how pricey it is.

Who else suffers from this and is there any fix?
    I have the same phone, but dont know what you are talking about. I just slide the brightness at the top

Edit: UNTICK THE BOX THAT SAYS AUTO

ReputationRep:
    Had the problem on my S6, the auto brightness is just way over sensitive on it. Don't know what can be done about it since I never really looked online. No problems on my S7 though 👍🏾

ReputationRep:
    I had some issues with such model, and after I changed it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.