Turn on thread page Beta

Is Galloway terrorists’ friend? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Does America not have a history of dropping nuclear bombs? And Germany a history of being a itsy bit aggressive to its neighbours?
    America certainly does have a history of using nuclear weapons offensively, I won't even try and argue against that, however it was done at a time when they'd just been invented and their implications and long-term effects were not fully understood, or the same now. There was no risk of retaliation then, for example, which is one of the reasons why they are feared now - you can't use one now because everyone might start flinging them around.

Germany... that was under different governments.

If we're making fair comparisons, America [or another allied power] should have been allowed atomic weapons in WW2 because it forced an unconditional Japanese surrender, which liberated China and prevented another scenario like inter-war Germany. Inter-war Germany should not have been allowed its arms buildup as it led to WW2. The German Apologists are now seen as wrong.

I personally think it was near-complete SPARTA to sell Saddam chemical weapons given his history, although I do see the legitimate reasons he may have had for wanting them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommunistHamster)
    America certainly does have a history of using nuclear weapons offensively, I won't even try and argue against that, however it was done at a time when they'd just been invented and their implications and long-term effects were not fully understood, or the same now. There was no risk of retaliation then, for example, which is one of the reasons why they are feared now - you can't use one now because everyone might start flinging them around.

Germany... that was under different governments.

If we're making fair comparisons, America [or another allied power] should have been allowed atomic weapons in WW2 because it forced an unconditional Japanese surrender, which liberated China and prevented another scenario like inter-war Germany. Inter-war Germany should not have been allowed its arms buildup as it led to WW2. The German Apologists are now seen as wrong.

I personally think it was near-complete SPARTA to sell Saddam chemical weapons given his history, although I do see the legitimate reasons he may have had for wanting them.
    Saddam was the West's ***** in the Middle East, it may be argued that keeping a more powerful than his neighbours "friend" there can help to maintain peace in a unstable area where power struggles are common.

SPARTA? Greek city...?

ReputationRep:
    300 reference :P. As in "This is madness!" "Madness? No...THIS IS SPAARTAA"

Traitorous george is just a Don King wannabe minus the charm and bad haircut

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.