Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Piano Grade 6 ABRSM

ReputationRep:
    im struggling with piano grade 6 (abysm) i did it the first time round and failed my parents want me to do it again i hate piano but i have no choice i struggle with SIGHT READING AND SCALES ALOTT any advice/tips

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry Hill)
    im struggling with piano grade 6 (abysm) i did it the first time round and failed my parents want me to do it again i hate piano but i have no choice i struggle with SIGHT READING AND SCALES ALOTT any advice/tips

Thanks in advance
    Literally just practice, constantly. Make yourself a scales chart and tick them off when you've done them, until you've got it right each time. Use stickers even if it helps! For sight-reading, find music online and play it as though it were the exam. Have thirty seconds or however long to look first then play through. If it's a song you know make sure you play what's written not what you think! When that starts getting easier start trying to do dynamics, thinking about the style etc. You'll get there!

Going to move this over to the music forum for you too

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance
    Why do your parents force you to retake the grade? If you don't like piano, then surely you have the right to quit - it saves time and money.

ReputationRep:
    Play stuff you enjoy at the same time and intersect it with the stuff you don't. I sometimes end up playing for 3 hours only an hour on what I was actually meant to be playing but it doesn't fell half as bad when it's between songs I do like.

ReputationRep:
    +honour i guess they felt like i wasted time and money doing it the first time and failing made my parents quite annoyed i was at tears legit when i heard that i had to re take...

BUT

Thankss so much for the advice.... i actually just did my piano exam last thursday! (ill let you guys know if i passed or not ?? hopefully xx fingers crossed)

thanks guys xxxx

ReputationRep:
    +honour i guess they felt like i wasted time and money doing it the first time and failing made my parents quite annoyed i was at tears legit when i heard that i had to re take...

BUT

Thankss so much for the advice.... i actually just did my piano exam last thursday! (ill let you guys know if i passed or not ?? hopefully xx fingers crossed)

thanks guys xxxx
    Oh awesome! I bet you did really well this time - if you've put in all the effort, then don't worry about it!

Best of luck with your results, let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    yhhhhhhh of course !!! +honour

ReputationRep:
    yhhhhhhh of course !!! +honour
    Well done, hope you did! Bit late but have you seen this thread? Knew there was someone else I meant to link it to, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    +furryface12 aww thanks yh i just checked it out now
    i should of checked this one out before..but thanks anywayz xxx

ReputationRep:
    Guys !! i just wanted to let you know that..

I PASSED MY GRADE 6 PIANO EXAM

you don't understand the relief and stress that particular exam caused me :/

Anywayz thanks for all the help,support and advice

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you guys now

i passed my grade 6 piano exam
    (2 marks of a merit)

i am so happy that its over...now that its time to actually focus on my GCSE's

Thanks for all your help, support and advice

Thanks Again xxx
    +furryface12 +honour +BobSausage

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.