Sixth form age

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    So hey, i'm a bit confused and worried about sixth form. I'll be 15 when i'll be entering sixth form and im scared i won't be allowed to because im "too young" and i really dont want to go backwards in school. So can anyone please tell me if i can still enter even though i'd be 15?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyllieRose)
    So hey, i'm a bit confused and worried about sixth form. I'll be 15 when i'll be entering sixth form and im scared i won't be allowed to because im "too young" and i really dont want to go backwards in school. So can anyone please tell me if i can still enter even though i'd be 15?
    Yeah I don't see why not. Some people go to university when they're 16 haha

ReputationRep:
    If you have GCSEs that meet the requirements then yes?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask, how come you will be 15 when you go into sixth form? Did you skip a year?

ReputationRep:
    Started school early

ReputationRep:
    Well that's a relief thanks

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to discuss this with the schools/colleges you intend to apply to. I teach in two that would not accept students into sixth form a year early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I skipped a year and applied to several colleges/schools and none of them cared that I was younger. However a few schools might, so as the guy above me said it's best to discuss this with wherever you're planning to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooseyb)
    I skipped a year and applied to several colleges/schools and none of them cared that I was younger. However a few schools might, so as the guy above me said it's best to discuss this with wherever you're planning to go to.
    Okkkk. Thank you!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of my classmates is like 15 so dw... He also got 3As and 1B at AS so he's performing extremely well. Good luck

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.