Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Can I apply to U.S colleges with pending Alevel results?

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student planning to apply for undergraduate Physics/Engineering program for Fall 2017. As per most University deadlines, I will have my TOEFL/SAT scores, SOPs and other documents ready. I took Cambridge International Alevels in high school and have received my results for Physics(Full Alevel) Maths(Full Alevel) and General Paper(AS level only).
    However, most universities ideally require 3 Full Alevels for admission. So I have to appear for Computer Science (Full Alevel) exams to fulfill the requirement.
    Unfortunately, my Exam is scheduled for the May/June session of 2017 which is far later than the regular deadlines of most colleges (which is in January/Feburary). Is it possible for me to apply as a part of the regular deadline but with only the existing subject results and other documents (SAT/TOEFL scores, SOP’s etc) and provide my Computer Science results later on?
    Will there be some form of disadvantage in such type of “Conditional” Application?Thanks for reading the long post. Any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    it's fine. just apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomVercitti)
    Unfortunately, my Exam is scheduled for the May/June session of 2017 which is far later than the regular deadlines of most colleges (which is in January/Feburary). Is it possible for me to apply as a part of the regular deadline but with only the existing subject results and other documents (SAT/TOEFL scores, SOP’s etc) and provide my Computer Science results later on?
    Will there be some form of disadvantage in such type of “Conditional” Application?Thanks for reading the long post. Any help is appreciated.
    Just apply anyway. They'll base most of their decision on a projected grade.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. Would I still be eligible for gaining Financial Aid though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomVercitti)
    Thanks for the reply. Would I still be eligible for gaining Financial Aid though?
    That will entirely depend on your financial circumstances and where you apply. Not when you apply.

And, as noted in replies to you on other threads, financial aid is limited for internationals at most US universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    US universities are much more expensive. The only way I could entertain it, would be a very large poker win. May I ask what specifically attracts you to the american ones just curious.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.