Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have got my higher results back and they were not as I had expected. I got 5 Bs and was hoping to do medicine but obviously I now can't. Is there any advice for next steps, in terms of still wanting to do medicine and what I should do. How difficult is post grad medicine to get into? What would be a good undergraduate degree for this? Or should I just give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccah98)
    I have got my higher results back and they were not as I had expected. I got 5 Bs and was hoping to do medicine but obviously I now can't. Is there any advice for next steps, in terms of still wanting to do medicine and what I should do. How difficult is post grad medicine to get into? What would be a good undergraduate degree for this? Or should I just give up
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sure there's other ways you could get in, I doubt every person who does medicine these days got all As at higher, they may have had to work themselves up like going to college and repeating the 5 higher and getting them up to As or going to uni and then transferring to medicine. You could do your advanced highers and a set of new highers and do well in them and maybe they'll let you in. I'm not sure as I have no experience with this but there has to be other ways. If it helps I didn't meet my requirements for my chosen uni as well but I'm gonna work hard this year to earn my place.

EDIT: I just realised your username says 98 so you probably just finished 6th year. Did you get rejected ? If so get in contact with people who know what they're talking about and I'm sure they can help you. Maybe you could go to college and get them up to As.

Sorry if this didn't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.