The Student Room Group

Missed my medicine offer by 1 grade - what to do now?

I got AAB in my A Levels and had both offers withdrawn :frown:(( I did have an extenuating circumstance for the B grade but unfortunately it was not severe enough to be taken into consideration by the universities so my conditions were not lowered. I'm on a gap year but I don't know what to do now in terms of re-applying. Should I retake by exams and hope I get an A this year or am I better off applying for a foundation year course (which I am eligible for)? Does anyone know which Med schools accept retakes after year 13 as I don't think many do...
Original post by confusedspecimen
I got AAB in my A Levels and had both offers withdrawn :frown:(( I did have an extenuating circumstance for the B grade but unfortunately it was not severe enough to be taken into consideration by the universities so my conditions were not lowered. I'm on a gap year but I don't know what to do now in terms of re-applying. Should I retake by exams and hope I get an A this year or am I better off applying for a foundation year course (which I am eligible for)? Does anyone know which Med schools accept retakes after year 13 as I don't think many do...

I'd just retake, personally. Saves a year and £9000/9250. It would be a lot easier, seeing as you'd only be focusing on one subject.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I'd just retake, personally. Saves a year and £9000/9250. It would be a lot easier, seeing as you'd only be focusing on one subject.

Do you know any unis that accept retakes after Year 13?
Original post by confusedspecimen
Do you know any unis that accept retakes after Year 13?

Exeter, Lancaster and BSMS to name a few.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Exeter, Lancaster and BSMS to name a few.

Thank you! I'll look into those

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending