I guess its true that what you don't know can't hurt you Watch

PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Christ. This is so deluded, so pitiful, so utterly pathetic that I can't even be bothered. Sorry.
My thoughts exactly.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no im not going to see him and speak to him everyday. i will only contact him if he makes the effort, but i just need him around till September. A relative of mine died last week and he is being really supportive and coming to the funeral and i couldnt face it without him being there for me. And also we have a weekend away booked, and if we cancelled i would lose my money. You have helped sorry if i seem ungrateful i know i need to get rid of him but i neede to do it in my own time, becuase if i just do it now and then cut contact i know for a fact he will be round here, my family we go on at me and i will cave, if i wait till im 100 miles away it will be easier.
How can you "need" someone who's betrayed your trust over and over and over again? While he's "supporting" you in the next few weeks, he's probably thinking about all the other girls he's been messing around with. When you go on your romantic break away, do you really want to be with someone who treats you so utterly craply?

Plus, if you don't end it, he will. And you'll think it's all your fault, and it'll just be even worse. Please, you need to sort this out.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
its not a romantic weekend away, we are going to a racing car show. He wont dump me, he is too lazy too, it would involve effort on his part, he has even said words to that effect lol
I_am_the_mob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
its not a romantic weekend away, we are going to a racing car show. He wont dump me, he is too lazy too, it would involve effort on his part, he has even said words to that effect lol
No wonder you want to stay with him, if a guy said those things to me I would simply melt
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No comment.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have only read the first and the last page, but this just seems so sad. What if something else happens after this? Will you keep him on to get you through that as well? The sooner you learn to be self sufficient the less he will be able to treat you like the doormat that you let yourself be.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He doesn't care about you, ditch him.
Joderz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
k this man sounds absolutely HIDEOUS and gives men a bad name. u should no tht theres millions of men who will treat you a MILLION times better than this. i know how u feel about needing the support but family is what you rly rly need at this time. do you really want to put so much emphasis on a man who treats you like a pile of crap and doesnt even have the courtesy to give u a break from his emotional abuse (which it kind of seems to be, seeing as he has basically told you he wants to dump you but cant be bothered:confused: v v v v odd....which, by the way, would lead me to think he would have no problem cheating on u. sorry to put it bluntly) after a relative of yours has just died?! you can do sooooooooo much better. if you insists on 'keeping' him until september then you may aswell make the most of it. use him.....money, sex, presents WATEVER.just get as much out of him as you can whilst knowing u can do it without emotion because you're gunna dump him b4 long anyway!!!

Coclusion: You can do a million times better and hes a ****
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Agreed with everyone else - he sounds like scum. I've dated someone similar and they cheated on me, but I didn't have the guts to tell him where to go. Eventually he got bored of me and dropped me. Three years on, I'm disgusted at how I let him walk all over me (young and inexperienced though I was).

Spiteful though it sounds, dump him before he does the same to you. At least that way you get to make a statement to the bugger, and that'll make you feel pretty good about yourself in times to come.
sugar-pie
Report 11 years ago
There could be other explanations for this...

He could have like... a baby sister who lives in scotland that you don't know about... or something crazy like that. It might be best to give him the benefit of the doubt here, because you mistrusted him and you'll feel terrible if he's got a perfectly good explanation.
sugar-pie
Report 11 years ago

lol he sounds like a keeper
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sugar-pie)
There could be other explanations for this...

He could have like... a baby sister who lives in scotland that you don't know about... or something crazy like that. It might be best to give him the benefit of the doubt here, because you mistrusted him and you'll feel terrible if he's got a perfectly good explanation.
Then why would he have only been to Scotland twice that the OP knows of?

Sorry, but I can't think of one legit reason why someone would be texting 30 times a day (around MIDNIGHT, which doesn't really work with the whole baby-sister thing). Anyway, surely after 3 years the OP would be aware of anyone her boyfriend values highly enough to stay in such strong contact with. The fact that he obviously cares about the people he's contacting means she would know who they were, if only so she didn't think there was something funny going on because he was always texting someone! Besides, his previous behaviour doesn't exactly show him in a positive light.

In my opinion, he slept with these people when he was away last time or is flirting/having phone sex. Or both.
geordiebabehh
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
of course u can confront him, hes ur boyfriend.
the only reason u shud think about whether u shud say something or not is if u arent certain he is in the wrong, but he is, the prick, he thinks your a door mat does he. confront him and say, look this is wrong and uve upset me. simple as. whats he going to argu against? u can do so much better than that chick! x
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
Aww, u sound like I used to be, my story was more or less than that but what I regret the most is he dumped me instead of me doing that...

Well, I did find out worse truth than that and it hurts me til today 6 months after the break up..

So my advice like any other advice : cut him off ur life as he isn't worth ur effort , if he runs after u then tell him to stop and leave u alone

No relationship is better than a bad relationship
Bedshaped
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
AWFUL.

:hugs: that sucks wow...If I were a girl, I would have dumped him after the first time he lied.

What a prat.
Spring_Ryder
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP, stop trying to mess him about and 'mess his mind up' by ceasing contact with him 'unless he calls you' - just get out now! Please! You're not a pthetic human being, but look how pathetic you seem, your so-called boyfriend not even bothering to hide his phone bill, cheating on you in the past, and what's more being possessive of you and ur phone and stuff.

You say if you didnt have in youu'd stay in all the time. Ask yourself, isn't that better than being a complete an utter doormat? In fact, this boyfriend of yourn is so bad, your not the dorrmat here, your the dirty crusty floor under the dorrmat!

Please, dump him NOW. Then when your ready gradually try to make some decent friends who'll appreciate what you've been through. For your sake, get rid of that excuse-for-a-human. Hope it works out xx
Anonymous #1
I went out last night without him, allbeit i went out by myself (i dont have a confidence issue, its just the inital getting out part). I had a really great time (i went to a car meet) and i got talking to loads of nice people and there were a couple of cute guys i swapped contact details with too.
I_am_the_mob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went out last night without him, allbeit i went out by myself (i dont have a confidence issue, its just the inital getting out part). I had a really great time (i went to a car meet) and i got talking to loads of nice people and there were a couple of cute guys i swapped contact details with too.
That's good, so dump that looser
Last night showed you are capable of getting guys etc and having fun without him so go do that permamently
Anonymous #1
i intend to. im going round tonight to collect my stuff. Not things that i can just leave otherwise i wouldnt bother collecting them. And i want back all the money i have lent him. which would put the old bank balance up a bit lol
I_am_the_mob
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i intend to. im going round tonight to collect my stuff. Not things that i can just leave otherwise i wouldnt bother collecting them. And i want back all the money i have lent him. which would put the old bank balance up a bit lol
Yay! Good on you
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads