Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Which job would you rather work in?

ReputationRep:
    Specifically, I'm asking you to choose between these two careers:

1) -Is a job you would be a really passionate about
    - Pays £23000 starting salary, peak salary after 20 years experience would be around £50000
    - You will work 45 hours a week

2) - Is not the job you're passionate about but one that you wouldn't hate either. You just don't enjoy it much.
    - Pays £40000 starting salary, peak salary after 15 years experience would be around £200000
    - You will work 55 hours a week.

Both jobs require a 3 year degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)

- Pays £23000 starting salary, peak salary after 20 years experience would be around £45000

2) - Is not the job you're passionate about but one that you wouldn't hate either. You just don't enjoy it much.
    - Pays £40000 starting salary, peak salary after 15 years experience would be around £200000

Option 2, if I'd be able to do what I'm passionate about in my free time.

ReputationRep:
    Option 1

ReputationRep:
    option one and marry a rich man

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely option 1. It pays more than enough to comfortably live on, and I'd much rather live modestly and do work I truly love than do something I don't care for much for money I don't really need or want.

ReputationRep:
    Always and forever no. 1, I don't mind how much money, I'm just in it because I'm passionate about it

ReputationRep:
    option 1 .... defo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldxdanger)
    option 1 ... defo
    Refreshed the page did you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)

- Pays £23000 starting salary, peak salary after 20 years experience would be around £50000

If they're both in London then job 2, otherwise I'd be happy with job 1. Money can't but happiness, but happiness can make money seem worthless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Refreshed the page did you?
    uh... I guess so

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.