Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Are these signs my grandparents think I'm retarded?

ReputationRep:
    They talk to me as though I am simple or an elderly person myself. My nanna slowly holds both thumbs up at me at times like you would a severely disabled person and says "You know I'll always love you, don't you?", gives me advice on the most obvious things I already know about since I was a child, points to signs and points to each word as if I am unable to read signs, and if I do things like enter competitions, she reads the fine print out to me very slowly and loudly, (I always very carefully check the terms and conditions on anything I sign up for such as competitions), and whenever I have got plans for anything such as saving up to travel somewhere, she always gives me yeah buts to try and deter me from going. :unimpressed:

Yet she never, ever does any of this to my brother, (or my sister for that matter, and she is only just almost a teenager). :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weallfallandrise)
    They talk to me as though I am simple or an elderly person myself. My nanna slowly holds both thumbs up at me at times like you would a severely disabled person and says "You know I'll always love you, don't you?", gives me advice on the most obvious things I already know about since I was a child, points to signs and points to each word as if I am unable to read signs, and if I do things like enter competitions, she reads the fine print out to me very slowly and loudly, (I always very carefully check the terms and conditions on anything I sign up for such as competitions), and whenever I have got plans for anything such as saving up to travel somewhere, she always gives me yeah buts to try and deter me from going. :unimpressed:

Yet she never, ever does any of this to my brother, (or my sister for that matter, and she is only just almost a teenager). :unimpressed:
    Well, your thread title is incorrect for one😂.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, maybe it's a sign for your grandparents' devotion to you?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because you're their favourite and sometimes older people tend to treat those they care about the most as if they're kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    deep lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyllieRose)
    Maybe it's because you're their favourite and sometimes older people tend to treat those they care about the most as if they're kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't agree any more

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.