Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I cheer myself up? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I feel like all I've been doing is crying and feeling sorry for myself in my bed for the past 2 weeks. I want to do something today that is going to make me feel better. I have really strong nausea and a hangover and no friends I can hang out with and hardly any money so my options are quite limited. I was thinking of dying my hair blonde/honey blonde but I don't want to **** it up because that will make me feel worse, it will also mean I have to travel half an hour to a hair salon to buy bleach. I also don't want to do anything boring like for a walk because I feel sick and that is not worth it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Listen to music.

ReputationRep:
    Music and food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Listen to music.
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Music and food
    I am listening to music, its something I do whatever mood I am so it does not have a significant impact on me.

ReputationRep:
    netflix and chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I am listening to music, its something I do whatever mood I am so it does not have a significant impact on me.
    Running helps too

ReputationRep:
    • Very Important Poster

Film, binge TV (you might like Stranger Things, if you havent seen it. Mix between ET and Twilight Zone gets rave reviews and a bit if escapsim), food, music (spotify) and sleep are my go-tos. Exercise tends to lift stress.
    Not sure whether some of them make you feel better, but they give a temp escape and make things feel less bad.

Dying your hair seems like a bad idea. It could easily make things worse.

Sorry you are feeling sad.

I feel like all I've been doing is crying and feeling sorry for myself in my bed for the past 2 weeks. I want to do something today that is going to make me feel better. I have really strong nausea and a hangover and no friends I can hang out with and hardly any money so my options are quite limited. I was thinking of dying my hair blonde/honey blonde but I don't want to **** it up because that will make me feel worse, it will also mean I have to travel half an hour to a hair salon to buy bleach. I also don't want to do anything boring like for a walk because I feel sick and that is not worth it.
    what were you doing when you last felt happy? whatever that was, try and do it again maybe?

ReputationRep:
    vines?

ReputationRep:
    get a job for money? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    what were you doing when you last felt happy? whatever that was, try and do it again maybe?
    hanging out with my friends

but none of them want to hang out lately so

ReputationRep:
    message me

ReputationRep:
    In these cases, comedy turns to be quite useful to me. There's plenty of videos on YT with not necessarily boring and silly comedy.

hanging out with my friends

but none of them want to hang out lately so
    well idk then. i don't think that staying at home will do much good. the weather isn't great around mine though so i don't know your options? maybe take your mind off life with a series like others suggested.

sense8 is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TouchOfRed_)
    In these cases, comedy turns to be quite useful to me. There's plenty of videos on YT with not necessarily boring and silly comedy.
    Ditto, a lot of youtubers make me laugh, especially Markiplier and Smosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    get a job for money? :console:
    I do have a job but I don't start for like 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    I've been exactly the same - I'm so sorry you feel this way it's awful I'm going to look into what services I can look into for cheap/free counseling - or maybe even a one off chat with someone. Perhaps the Samaritans ??? You should try doing the same, lots of love x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.