Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am about to dye my hair! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    You should keep it light brown - light brown looks nice.
    BTW - didn't I hear that you were leaving the forums?
    yep - there's some info in the about subforum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    I guess so dude. Obviously I'm notoriously crap at spelling. Ahh well, I think I'll settle for my As in English :rolleyes:
    I'm sure you impressed your teacher with the word dude on many occasions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I'm sure you impressed your teacher with the word dude on many occasions.
    Ahh - You find it difficult to distinguish between formal and informal situations. That may explain your lack of social skills somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is gradually turning into a linguistic analysis of forum member's use of language.

ReputationRep:
    how do you insert a picture?

ReputationRep:
    i hav naturally black hair and i wanna make it blue. i've heard indigo leaf is good. ne1 know where to get it in the uk?

also, tinykates, use henna to dye the hair brown and mix it with either coffee (v strong, makes brown richer) or beetroot (makes hair auburn) as it is supposed to look vv shiny afterward

anyone else get blisters on the head from using hair dye? thats why i stopped

also, views on black people with blond hair? cos thats what i want to do next! but am SCARED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i hav naturally black hair and i wanna make it blue. i've heard indigo leaf is good. ne1 know where to get it in the uk?

also, tinykates, use henna to dye the hair brown and mix it with either coffee (v strong, makes brown richer) or beetroot (makes hair auburn) as it is supposed to look vv shiny afterward

also, views on black people with blond hair? cos thats what i want to do next! but am SCARED
    dont do it...it depends on the tone of your skin, but for the most part it doesnt look so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)

Blue!!! I wouldn't bother dying it blond - it looks phoney.

ReputationRep:
    if thats your reaction, im definately not going to do it, cos my parents would prob have an embolism!!

but i still want to have blue-black tint to my hair. hair dyes that are to dye hair blue black aimed at white people look great on them, but my skin is dark so i need one which is really blue, not so much black.

also, anyone tried food dye as funky hair dye??in the 70s ppl mixed it with egg white to make stiff bright spikes. only works on blond/bleached hair and doesnt wash out of permed hair but is vv bright and cool, but comes off on clothes, skin and washes out quickly. great if u want pink punk hair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Ahh - You find it difficult to distinguish between formal and informal situations. That may explain your lack of social skills somewhat.
    Lol
    You don't quite realise that using the word "dude" isn't a matter of formal/informal speech.

Have you found the reason behind your lack of social skills?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.