Who is/was an inspiration for you in your life?

ReputationRep:
    My dad's parents were a real inspiration for me, they were incredibly kind people and had a real get on with things attitude even in the worst of times they kept smiling.

ReputationRep:
    You are
    <3

ReputationRep:
    My first form tutor in secondary school and my year 8 chemistry teacher were both absolute inspirations in my life, they turned me from somebody who was absolutely disengaged and uninterested in school into wanting to become a scientist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    My first form tutor in secondary school and my year 8 chemistry teacher were both absolute inspirations in my life, they turned me from somebody who was absolutely disengaged and uninterested in school into wanting to become a scientist.
    Shows how much a good teacher can really make a difference to someone's life

TSR members :mute:
    who taught me a great lesson which is unforgettable

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE drama teacher was a massive inspiration. She taught me to love who I am,and that I can do whatever I want as long as I apply myself and put my mind to it. I made so many friends in that last couple of years in school, and I really owe it to her

ReputationRep:
    Dr Michael Plummer

ReputationRep:
    Myself.
    I've gone through things I never thought I'd get through, like life. I've made myself strong enough to believe I'm capable of getting through anything life throws at me. Other peoples victories don't inspire me because they aren't me.... if that makes sense. My own accomplishments inspire me to aim for more.

ReputationRep:
    My daddy.

ReputationRep:
    The greengrocers, they inspired me to campaign for Veg=Cheese

More seriously my Y11 chemistry teacher and current physics teacher
    My summer placement mentors too
    Made it seem so exciting and doable to go into chemistry
    Users on here as well

hmmm...idk, this random F2 i met on a hospital placement. his story really stuck by me and definitely inspired me

ReputationRep:
    I was supposed to buy tickets for WWE Smackdown/ Raw but I couldn't be bothered last year, then as I sat and watched it recorded on TV, I saw Undertaker and Kane come out together probably for the last time which I missed.

It helps stop me procrastinating.

ReputationRep:
    My grandpa. My papa has been through so much with his health all his life, but especially the few years and his personal life but he's never once complained and he's just got on with things and showed incredible dignity and strength. He's also provided and looked after me, my mum and gran and see him like my dad and not just my grandpa :love:

I could only dream of having his determination and inner strength. I just hope he gets some good news with his health soon. He could really do with a break

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Buddha and my mum. The Buddha restored my faith in humanity and my mum is there for me whenever I need her and I couldn't have come as far as I have without her love and support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    My dad's parents were a real inspiration for me, they were incredibly kind people and had a real get on with things attitude even in the worst of times they kept smiling.

Ιησούς Χριστός

Go figure

ReputationRep:
    My mum. She was a fighter

ReputationRep:
    A TSRian.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Scofield.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    A black muslim.

ReputationRep:
    My parents <3
    Pope Francis
    My grandma (always date attractive men with potential, she told me when I was younger)
    Three teachers (not really inspiration, but they did help me figure some stuff out)
    Margaret Thatcher (cliche i know)
    JAMES ALTUCHER (I'm so so glad I heard about this guy)
    Rihanna (we all gotta work right?)
    Serena Williams (she s a badass *****)
    Oprah
    Greg House lol
    Michelle Obama
    Mark Twain
    Hemingway

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.