Mascara. Which to get? &eyeliner! Watch

her-own-wings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Okay, I need a new mascara.

At the moment I'm using the Miss Sporty waterproof one as I figured I'd need a waterproof one for summer.. it's terrible! So clumpy, and it's dried my lashes out to NO end.

I either have 'smokey' eye make up - lots of kohl eyeliner, black/grey shadow - or I have no eyeshadow and just a slick of kohl eyeliner with a few coats of mascara. Which mascara would you suggest? I particularly like Bourjois as a make up brand overall, I'm a huge fan of their foundation. I'm sick to death of using Rimmel, their mascara never really did anything for me. I'm naturally quite fair although I dye my hair brown/black, and my eyelashes aren't very curly or thick so I'd love them to be thicker/darker.

I also need suggestions for a new eyeliner - I normally use the normal Rimmel kohl eyeliner but I'd like a change. Any particular ones I should be trying? I've got the BadGal one from Benefit but it's too thick for my liking; I like to be able to get right into the corner of my outer eye.

Thanks a lot!
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try the new one from Maybelline. It comes in a green tube and a) has a bendy brush so that you even get all of the smallest lashes and b) has some sort of rollerball technology inside that eliminates the clumps before the brush even emerges from the tube (really works too!). If you have a higher budget, Estée Lauder Projectionist mascara is also excellent.

Apropos eyeliner, I usually use the Bourjois Kohl pencil, and if I'm going to use liquid eyeliner then I use collection 2000 (I don't use it enough to warrant anything more expensive!).
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love the masterpiece max mascara from Max Factor, absolutely brilliant

Eyeliners, usually I go for either rimmel (when I'm broke since their soft Kohl range is only £2.99) or Bourjois Kohl and Contour
interlude88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I second that, the new Maybelline mascara is amazing! You don't get any clumps and it makes my eyelashes look really long and thick! It's also on offer in Superdrug at the moment!
AmySian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The MaxFactor masterpiece max mascara is fab, doesn't come in waterproof though (but wearing waterproof everyday does dry your eyelashes right out anyway.) Although the Bourjois one that is half blue and half black (tube) is waterproof and is quite good as its got a white base coat so they don't get too dried out. I think it's called maxi frange or something. Benefit's Bad Gal mascara is good but I know a few people who found the brush to big to use without it smudging so you might not like it if you don't like the eyeliner.

I've used Benefit's bad gal eyeliner for a while but before that I used the rimmel kohl and never had any real problems with it and it's quite cheap so you could try that? Or number 7 do a nice eyeliner.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AmySian)
The MaxFactor masterpiece max mascara is fab, doesn't come in waterproof though (but wearing waterproof everyday does dry your eyelashes right out anyway.)
Max factor has launced a waterproof version of Masterpiece max mascara.
her-own-wings
Rep:
?
Do you think there's any difference between Rimmel's kohl eyeliner at like 2.99 and Bourjois kohl eyeliner at like 4.25?
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by her-own-wings)
Do you think there's any difference between Rimmel's kohl eyeliner at like 2.99 and Bourjois kohl eyeliner at like 4.25?
None really except that Bourjois has a better range of coloured eyeliner.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I use Rimmel kohl eyeliner, it's okay, but smudges quite easily. The 'special eyes' or something one is less smudgy but not as black/dark.

I use a Christian Dior mascara that I got a year and a half ago and it still works fine...it's probably quite gross that I've used it that long, but I love it :P
Almond
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love Maxfactor masterpiece mascara like some of the other have said. It's really good at lengthening the lashes.
IndianDiva
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love Max Factor's Masterpiece Max mascara and Bourjois Khol & Contour eyeliner.
her-own-wings
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nisherz187)
I love Max Factor's Masterpiece Max mascara and Bourjois Khol & Contour eyeliner.
If you don't mind me asking, what's so fab about the Bourjois eyeliner? I'm torn between the cheap and cheerful Rimmel kohl or Bourjois at a few pounds more.. I'm not exactly rich right now, count the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves as my dear old Dad always says! Lol. :]
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If it's any consolation, the Bourjois kohl lasts ages.
I like it because I find it's soft enough to use straight away without having to use it loads of times before it softens by itself, and that it's soft enough to get a good line without being crumbly. Plus, once it's on, it seems to last quite a long time.
daisyy
Report 11 years ago
DO NOT buy rimmel eyeliner it's absolutely ****e, you have to draw several lines and put effort and strength into it for it to actually make some sort of line on your eye. I'm not even exaggerating. It'll be a waste of money. I'd say go for the bourjois khol one because it is actually quite good, comes on straight away and easier to use.

As for mascara i use that ysl faux lash one in a gold tube it's amazing - a couple of lashes and that's all you need. I think it's around £18... but if that's a bit pricey you could try that maybelline one with a green lid, it's like £3 or something and for that price it isn't too bad ! x
eyeholesinapaperbag
Report 11 years ago
For eyeliner i would highly recommend Barry M. I think superdrug are the only stockists but they aren't expensive (like £4ish for a liquid eyeliner) and stay put all day. Their kohl eyeliner is precise but thick enough so you can smudge it if you want. I won't buy anything else. Their eyeshaddows are pretty cool too but I've never used the mascara.
turkish_delight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i find the body shops mascara good, not that thick and really separates the lashes
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I use W7even eyeliner - it's gorgeously smudgy. For mascara, it's Inimitable by Chanel - simply superb.
thisisrubbish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cannot beat Hypnose by Lancome
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Maybelline.
Good range, I agree with that - pretty much alllll my mascaras have been by Maybelline.

I like Australis eyeliners coz they're effective, go the extra mile and are reasonably priced
Lady_Muck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I use Estee Lauder Kohl and Lancome L'extreme mascara
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (906)
79.96%
Leave (227)
20.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed