Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    but it is by and large still. when there arent any massive slums, then it might not be, but there still are.

yeah, i understand the very basics of the caste system, it seems to be it will be 'progress' the more broken down that becomes? And I see your picking on the down sides of a liberal society. Im talking not about repressing gays and that, which religious societies like to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzy87)
    Agreed. It's an outright lie to describe the partition as properly planned in any way. It was shoddy, rushed and without thought for future consequences - KASHMIR comes to mind here. Millions of deaths on British hands and counting.
    Oh yes, can't blame the savages for killing each other, can we?

It's clearly on god's hands - he created the ****ing place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)

Ignore list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)

This is hardly in the interests of enlightened debate.

Anyway; back to the Partition.

I believe that the Partition is a very clear paradigm for the issues in Iraq today where you have to balance the needs of a united Iraq, with united and cooperative religious/secular life, and then the growing argument for a division along relgious lines in Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzy87)
    Ignore list.
    **** list.

(Bet you looked)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    In a forum full of students I dont think there is anyone who was even remotely born anywhere close to 1947.
    Your forgetting mature students but don't worry everyone does. They stick to their own generally

I think the oldest resident still active who hasn't been chased off is 56 IIRC. Just because you haven't met them :p: , old people can learn too .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    yeah, i understand the very basics of the caste system, it seems to be it will be 'progress' the more broken down that becomes?
    Eh? What will progress the more broken down what becomes? What does this have to do with the caste system, and in turn conservatism? It seems when anybody is criticising India, they immediately shout 'caste system' without even holding the faintest clue as to what it really is.

(Original post by consie)
    And I see your picking on the down sides of a liberal society. Im talking not about repressing gays and that, which religious societies like to do.
    Why would I not attempt to balance out your comment of "conservative societies suck" by pointing out a few bad points of liberal societies in turn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Have Your Say)
    Did you live through the events of 1947?
    If anyone living through that comes to TSR, he/she must be a teacher now.

anyway, i think Britain is to be blamed for its colonization, that can not be ignored forever. But UN didn't do its job well on the 1947 partition with issues such as territory not clearly settled.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.