Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I be predicted an A or a B

ReputationRep:
    In my AS biology, I was 3 marks off an A. In one paper, I was a mark off an A and in the other paper I was 2 marks off an A. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APersonYo)
    In my AS biology, I was 3 marks off an A. In one paper, I was a mark off an A and in the other paper I was 2 marks off an A. Thoughts?
    Yeah I think so.

ReputationRep:
    Should be an A, but depends on your school. Some schools like mine are very tight with predictions, I was 3 UMS off an A* in Physics and I didn't get it. Some School have been giving B students A*s...

If it was me I would nag you're teachers, if you're a good overall student and they know that it'll go up.

Good luck!!!11111!11!1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BluntBluster)
    Should be an A, but depends on your school. Some schools like mine are very tight with predictions, I was 3 UMS off an A* in Physics and I didn't get it. Some School have been giving B students A*s...

If it was me I would nag you're teachers, if you're a good overall student and they know that it'll go up.

Good luck!!!11111!11!1
    Hey! I stalked you a bit. We want to do the same course I have the exact opposite problem to you though. I'm predicted A*AB... ahahaha, I need that B to an A man. I've discussed it with my teachers and hopefully they change it :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I stalked you a bit. We want to do the same course I have the exact opposite problem to you though. I'm predicted A*AB... ahahaha, I need that B to an A man. I've discussed it with my teachers and hopefully they change it :/
    Another potential ChemEng student Trust me, if you have good relations with teachers they'll do it.

Remember, if you don't try you won't get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BluntBluster)
    Another potential ChemEng student Trust me, if you have good relations with teachers they'll do it.

Remember, if you don't try you won't get.
    I mean, A*AA, would be lovely! It would just make life slightly more difficult with A*AB, because there are some great AAB courses for chemical engineering such as Heriot Watt;however, I work really hard and I'm very good at the subject I got an A* prediction for it so I would probably end up with A*AA on results day and then just potentially be extremely annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazen)
    Yeah I think so.
    Thank you! Mixed opinions about this subject really...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Mixed opinions about this subject really...
    You should definitely have a target of an A.

I would seek to negotiate an A. Dhouldnt be too hard if you get on with your teacher and you make a constructive case as to why and how you will improve.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be interesting to see what you get at A2, so if you remember on results day.. please quote me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanfm)
    it'd be interesting to see what you get at a2, so if you remember on results day.. Please quote me
    willl do

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.