Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Geniuses only please Watch

ReputationRep:
    Question: You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it’s raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
    * An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

* An old friend who once saved your life.

* The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?

ReputationRep:
    None of them, they're not getting the inside of my car wet.

ReputationRep:
    Friend obvs.

ReputationRep:
    The perfect partner. The old friend can save the old ladies life

ReputationRep:
    I'd give my car to the old friend and tell him to take the old lady to the doctor then I'd stay with my perfect partner

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what kind of *****y ass car is this that only has one passenger seat smdh

ReputationRep:
    the old friend who saved my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)
    Question: You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it’s raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?
    Well a women who was the perfect partner and everything i had been dreaming about would be disgusted with me and not speak to me ever again if I offered her a ride in hopes of getting with her rather then Saving an old persons life. I do want to pro create and have healthy off spring so my ideal partner would not be in mortal danger in this storm. I dont have any friends but I guess I would count the girl who stopped me doing something really stupid way back, who is actually healthy last time I saw and could well fit into the first category as well but assuming she is in the second she would take the same attitude. My old brother once stopped me from been pulled out to sea he too would offer the seat to the elderly lady.

So basically the elderly lady.

gurrrrrrrll I ain't picking anyone up...

*zooms away*

ReputationRep:
    Id take the perfect partner. The others can just wait for the bus
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Hanaan999)
    I'd give my car to the old friend and tell him to take the old lady to the doctor then I'd stay with my perfect partner

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best answer. Have some rep for what its worth..

Just to add its an interesting dilemma. The moral obligation is to save the old woman.
    I dont think the friend matters because they arent in peril and any friend of mine would also see the dilemma and that them getting a ride based on the fact that they saved my life at the expense of increased risk to the woman, was no on.
    The partner matters because they are perfect and it may be once in a lifetime.

Hanaans answer deals with the priority, manages to show your friend you place value in him and the pefect partner you are a humanitarian, selfless plus you dont lose the chance to get to know them.

Its a win on all counts by giving up your own space.

ReputationRep:
    None. It stands to reason that if I have been dreaming about this person, it's a dream and none of this is real. It is night time and you are dreaming.

Alternately: the old lady. The other two are never expressly stated to be human. The old friend is a dog. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about suggests you have fallen asleep at the wheel and the old lady who looks like she is about to die is about to die because she is about to be hit by you, who have fallen asleep at the wheel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Best answer. Have some rep for what its worth..
    I truly agree with you

ReputationRep:
    Old friend, reasoning because:
    Old lady will probably die in a week or so anyway regardless if she gets in my car
    If the guy is really the perfect guy for me he'll be understanding enough and I'll eventually meet him some other way

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well did you think of this by yourself or you got it from the internet?

ReputationRep:
    The obvious solution here would be to get a bigger car
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Answer from one of my favourite YT series: you go home and RE-EVALUATE YOUR ****ING LIFE. YOU BOUGHT A SMART CAR!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ^ Genius confirmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    what kind of *****y ass car is this that only has one passenger seat smdh
    this year's corvette
    audi tt
    some minis
    a lot of them actually=))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)

This isn't really much of a question - it's not like the dream partner or the old friend are going to die if you leave them on a rainy night in a bus stop, are they?

I'd simply take the old lady to A and E. Everyone lives, nobody dies - all good.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.