The Student Room Group

Labour is the party of the future! Yes we can, yes we will.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRKinder
You must be joking, this is indoctrination. If you want to live in a society like that then go and live in North Korea. No schools should have any party influence whatsoever, and that includes both Conservative groups and Labour groups. Seriously, you sound like a little kid and you blatantly have no idea about what the real world is like.

This.

Total madness.
Indeed comrades, we shall march forward under the glorious banner of International Communism and crush the decadent capitalist bourgeoisie... Sorry, I forgot for a moment that we weren't in Stalinist Russia.
Original post by Ambitious1999

Together we can build a better Britain for all.

Labour Yes we can and yes we damn well will !

How do we gain powerful opposition and a chance of winning the election?

By ditching Jez and moving to the political centre ground, on which elections are won.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/12/jeremy-corbyns-labour-suffers-worst-opinion-poll-ratings-the-par/
With momentum youth, society can be influenced to support modern labour thinking and ideology. Teachers can be influenced by their pupils and communities can better understand labours ideas. Schools can have their own Momentum crews all over Britain, informing teachers to tell pupils that labour is good. A system where pupils get to vote the best teacher. Ones with lowest score go back to PGCE training.

Corbyn Youth, or perhaps it should be Child Labour, is definitely admitted to be a political indoctrination tool, then, which moves on to blackmail and coerce teachers and parents into political conformity.

I wonder where I have read about something similar?

Momentum is a dangerous, nasty and totalitarian faction. It will get short shrift from the man on the Clapham omnibus, and will be the butt of humour throughout the land.

You should read a few of PG Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster stories, in which the Blackshirts are mocked mercilessly - and hilariously.
Reply 45
Original post by AlexanderHam
Miliband was 12 points ahead of the Tories at this point and still went on to lose.
A lose is a lose. Corbyn hasn't even started, just been trashed by his own party. Maybe when he does things will improve.

Actually Owen Smith won the 18-24 segment. And Scotland. And those who were members of the party before 2015.
The exit poll you are referring to, was among members only and did not include ‘registered supporters’ or trade unionists and other affiliates. So basically missed virtually all the new young members.
Secure a decade of Tory Rule?

#JezWeCan
Original post by Aliccam
Corbyn hasn't even started,

Isn't it time he did then? He has held the job for over a year and done nothing. That is singularly lazy and incompetent.

Does the Labour party not recognise this incompetence and lack of progress? Perhaps the PLP should pass a no confidence motion on him.

:toofunny:
Reply 48
You are opening yourself up to the crows with this article. Don't you realise how stupid, naive and idealist you are to want a better future. Resign yourself to the real world of greed, self interest and elitism you live in. Don't even think about changing it, they won't let you you silly, silly, trot, commie, leftie cult following tree hugging hippie fool!
Reply 49
Original post by Good bloke
Isn't it time he did then? He has held the job for over a year and done nothing. That is singularly lazy and incompetent.

Does the Labour party not recognise this incompetence and lack of progress? Perhaps the PLP should pass a no confidence motion on him.

:toofunny:

:wink:
Party members voted for him but the BRITISH PEOPLE WILL NOT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by SMEGGGY
Party members voted for him but the BRITISH PEOPLE WILL NOT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this a game of 'say it enough and it will be true'?
Original post by Aliccam
Is this a game of 'say it enough and it will be true'?

Opinion polls show quite strongly that it's not true. When it's every single polling company for months on end, it cannot be denied.

That being said, he has a mandate. I personally just think that the Labour Party membership were naive to give him the mandate and cement the next Tory Government.

Wouldn't people rather a Centre/Centre-left Blairite (minus the warmongering) Government than a right wing one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Corbyn is a man of the people but of the country, i doubt it :frown:
Original post by PetrosAC
Wouldn't people rather a Centre/Centre-left Blairite (minus the warmongering) Government than a right wing one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely since the above are the only realistic options that can win an election, but good luck getting that to resonate with his followers.
Reply 55
Original post by PetrosAC
Opinion polls show quite strongly that it's not true. When it's every single polling company for months on end, it cannot be denied.
The earlier opinion polls though not good were better, and he was already under a barrage of trashing from the media and his own MPs. Since the coup it has got a lot worse, so is likely to be a reflection of the disunity and bad press rather than anything Corbyn has done. If he ever gets the chance at a normal innings, I think things could get a lot better.

Pretty much since Blair's landslide, Labour have been shedding voters with this approach. I think if people want right they will vote Tory, whatever the shade. What Corbyn is actually proposing is not that radical or left. Certainly compared to old Labour where the top rate of tax got to 98%. It is the anti-Corbyn faction that are saying he is and everyone is mimicking it without actually looking at the policies.
Original post by Aliccam
The earlier opinion polls though not good were better, and he was already under a barrage of trashing from the media and his own MPs. Since the coup it has got a lot worse, so is likely to be a reflection of the disunity and bad press rather than anything Corbyn has done. If he ever gets the chance at a normal innings, I think things could get a lot better.

Pretty much since Blair's landslide, Labour have been shedding voters with this approach. I think if people want right they will vote Tory, whatever the shade. What Corbyn is actually proposing is not that radical or left. Certainly compared to old Labour where the top rate of tax got to 98%. It is the anti-Corbyn faction that are saying he is and everyone is mimicking it without actually looking at the policies.

The thing with Corbyn though, it's not just the policies. In fact, the main issue for me personally isn't his policies. My issue with him is that he's not opposing the Tories. Every week (apart from one where he was okay) he gets torn apart by Theresa May at PMQs (and David Cameron before her) and isn't doing enough to oppose some of their most authoritarian policies like the Snoopers Charter. He is unable to hold the Tories to account and is letting them get away with so much, whilst other parties don't have the seats or the branding to have the power to hold them to account.
No you can't, no you won't
#YesWeQuam
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
#YesWeQuam

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending