The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by mightyduck999
My interview for Portsmouth last year did not have a test, the rest of my choices did have tests however with 3 of them giving quite thorough information/guidance on them I'd believe if there was a test they would atleast state this in the invite.

Yeah i looked at my UCAS track and it didnt say anything about an examination or a test. I'm just gonna prepare for the question that they are gonna ask.
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm currently studying an access to nursing course with my local college and I can see that she sheffield Hallam website says they do accept access courses in nursing. However I'm wondering if anyone has been accepted onto this course with the access to nursing? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated
Original post by GenSan
Anyone here who applied for Portsmouth and Birmingham City for Diagnostic Radiography is there any admissions tests to be taken? Cause the last time i checked it said there was no information about any admissions test. I've got my first interview for Birmingham in two weeks so i don't know whether to prep for an exam or not.

I applied to BCU last year and you get given a half hour test, it just asks questions like what is a diagnostic radiographer, and what do you think a radiographer does? As along as you know why you want to do the course there and what the role involves you should be fine.
Reply 283
Original post by Lostox
I applied to BCU last year and you get given a half hour test, it just asks questions like what is a diagnostic radiographer, and what do you think a radiographer does? As along as you know why you want to do the course there and what the role involves you should be fine.

Cheers!
Had anyone else got an interview for Liverpool on the 8th? Not my top choice but would take it if nothing else, haven't heard a huge amount about it and will be my first visit on the 8th ever! Anybody know much about the place/course?
Reply 285
Original post by imogentall
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm currently studying an access to nursing course with my local college and I can see that she sheffield Hallam website says they do accept access courses in nursing. However I'm wondering if anyone has been accepted onto this course with the access to nursing? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

I am currently studying Access to health science professions which was previously access to nursing - and I have an interview on weds 👍👍
I need 30 distinctions out of the 45 graded
Hope this helps
Original post by tw02cow
I am going for an interview on 1st Feb 😀

Ive got an interview tomorrow as well! how you feeling about it?
Original post by maryampatel2
Ive got an interview tomorrow as well! how you feeling about it?

ooh really! I am nervous and excited. I have prepared what I can. I am only part way through my access course so I have tried to refresh the knowledge I think they might want for the assessment but who knows?!

How about you?
Original post by tw02cow
ooh really! I am nervous and excited. I have prepared what I can. I am only part way through my access course so I have tried to refresh the knowledge I think they might want for the assessment but who knows?!

How about you?

I'm the same, really nervous.
just looking over the questions they are most likely to ask but hopefully the written assessment Isn't too hard.
Good luck!
Original post by maryampatel2
I'm the same, really nervous.
just looking over the questions they are most likely to ask but hopefully the written assessment Isn't too hard.
Good luck!
good luck to you too 😀😀 hopefully it will be a good day for us!!
Original post by tw02cow
good luck to you too 😀😀 hopefully it will be a good day for us!!

I hope so! Let me know how it goes :smile:
Hi

How did it work out for people in your cohort going into practise after graduation / hcpc registration? Im starting at Medway in April and thinkihg about what happens at the end of a challenging 3 years.
Sorry that last post was for FXX
Original post by FXX
Subscribing. I qualified 4.5 years ago so can answer questions about the 'real world' of work rather than the application or interview process (now over 8 years ago...). I work in CT and MRI as well as plain film so if you have any questions about those areas specifically then fire away.

Hi can you tell me how it went in terms of going into practice for your cohort? How long did it take to find jobs after hcpc registration? Did everyone get jobs etc?

Im starting at CCCU Medway in 10 weeks!
Original post by mb293
Anybody heard from Cumbria yet?

I had my interview before Christmas and got an offer. Good luck with yours
Original post by Rm13
I am currently studying Access to health science professions which was previously access to nursing - and I have an interview on weds 👍👍
I need 30 distinctions out of the 45 graded
Hope this helps

That's great thank you! Have you done any work experience? And also how many of your modules have been science ones?
Reply 296
Original post by Chasdad
Hi can you tell me how it went in terms of going into practice for your cohort? How long did it take to find jobs after hcpc registration? Did everyone get jobs etc?

Everyone found a job local to home within 6 months.

This was when there were a shortage of jobs though. At the moment it's easy for newly qualifieds to find somewhere to work. A number due to finish this summer received offers in Dec/Jan.

If you live locally, build a good rapport with your placement sites and you'll be a shoe in by the time you qualify.
Reply 297
Has anyone had an interview at salford ? 😊
Original post by Chasdad

Play your cards right, and a fair few places will hire you as a band 4 as soon as they find out you passed the course, then you can be upped to band 5 as soon as the HCPC clears you.

My job took a month or two to start, but I did it at an abnormal time of year, leading to the delay. I needed the break anyway.

If you are willing to move, there should be a job, but it is highly likely you will be able to obtain a local job, especially at your clinical site if you are a decent student.
Has anyone heard from QMU or Glasgow Caledonian? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest