The Student Room Group

Unilever Future Leaders Programme Online Games - WTF?????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by l.donaldson
Hi! I just failed mine and I'm so frustrated as even with my feedback I don't see where I went wrong :frown: how do you know if you didn't 'okay' or 'good' on something? All I can see is like in cognitive traits for example 100% flexibility in multitasking, 47% you use trial and error to formulate a plan. I find it really hard to understand the feedback/ what would have gotten me through

I don't know really, just that in my opinion sometimes one side of the scale seemed more beneficial than the other side. If you like I can email screenshots of my report and you can maybe work out what they wanted from that so you know what to work on for next time.
Original post by sajerz
I don't know really, just that in my opinion sometimes one side of the scale seemed more beneficial than the other side. If you like I can email screenshots of my report and you can maybe work out what they wanted from that so you know what to work on for next time.

Totally ballsed up the interview! Was so hard
Reply 22
Original post by mushpantsbc

what sort of stuff did they ask?
Original post by Lay-Z
writting down the numbers, I got 8 on that but probably could have got more.
The standard numerical tests are a much better measure of ability than these objective stupid tests. Not to mention cultural test bias

If you only got 8 - whilst you were cheating - serious questions need to be raised! Besides, if you need to cheat to actually get past the screening process, it's likely you're not a good fit for the job, and the job isn't a good fit for you.

I sounds quite difficult, what was the format? Seems odd that they mention hypotheticals and a case study without someone being there...
Original post by pmc:producer
If you only got 8 - whilst you were cheating - serious questions need to be raised! Besides, if you need to cheat to actually get past the screening process, it's likely you're not a good fit for the job, and the job isn't a good fit for you. * I sounds quite difficult, what was the format? Seems odd that they mention hypotheticals and a case study without someone being there...

I think he/she actually said they were tempted to cheat because it was easy to but didn't for that very reason... unless I read that wrong.

Its 4 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 mins to answer for the first 3. The 4th question is a business case and you get 10 mins to prepare and 5 mins to present. You get asked the questions in video format first and then get the question on-screen in written word during the 30 seconds (or 10 mins) preparation time so you can read it again.

Sorry to hear that. It was really quite difficult. I don't think I did fantastically at all but I was just happy to get through it without completely having a meltdown.

Did you get the weird automated-sounding feedback through email?*
Reply 26
were the first 3 questions why you want to do the role/competency based?
Original post by Lay-Z
I did it a while ago, was funny as it related to my behavoural economics module.
Seems pointless though, was tempted to cheat especially on the spacebar one using two fingers or on the memory one.
Did it legit and still waiting to hear back 12 days later.

These tests are a poor reflection of charicter, worse than SJT imo

I just checked my emails and I heard back within a day or two. It seems a bit strange. Could email them just making out you are checking they got your games results submission?
Original post by 21123
were the first 3 questions why you want to do the role/competency based?

Competency
Reply 29
Original post by lou_100
Competency

strange they don't ask why you actually want to do the role!!
Original post by lou_100
Sorry to hear that. It was really quite difficult. I don't think I did fantastically at all but I was just happy to get through it without completely having a meltdown.

Did you get the weird automated-sounding feedback through email?*

Yes I did, just said under all of the different aspects 'you showed some bla bla bla however could've done this and that' so I assume I didn't get through. Not sure how long we have to wait!
Reply 31
Original post by lou_100
Competency

do you mean like leadership etc?
Reply 32
Original post by 21123
do you mean like leadership etc?

Partly, more can you solve the problems in the given scenarios.
Reply 33
Original post by sajerz
Partly, more can you solve the problems in the given scenarios.

are there scenarios for the first 3 questions?
Reply 34
Original post by 21123
are there scenarios for the first 3 questions?

Scenarios for all the questions, although I applied for R&D and I'm not sure they'd be the same for other disciplines.
Reply 35
Original post by sajerz
Scenarios for all the questions, although I applied for R&D and I'm not sure they'd be the same for other disciplines.

I don't really get what you mean by scenarios, like do you mean a scenario and then what its really asking is to demonstrate a competency?
Reply 36
Original post by 21123
I don't really get what you mean by scenarios, like do you mean a scenario and then what its really asking is to demonstrate a competency?

They give you a scenario with a problem that reflects the actual job you are applying to do. Therefore they are trying to determine whether you would be competent in that role.
Reply 37
Original post by sajerz
They give you a scenario with a problem that reflects the actual job you are applying to do. Therefore they are trying to determine whether you would be competent in that role.

oh i see! Did you think the scenarios were hard?
Reply 38
Original post by 21123
oh i see! Did you think the scenarios were hard?

Not overly hard but I did struggle and get flustered on the last one. A combination of it being tricky and the fact I didn't want to miss my train to the pub XD
Reply 39
Original post by sajerz
Not overly hard but I did struggle and get flustered on the last one. A combination of it being tricky and the fact I didn't want to miss my train to the pub XD

Lol a drink can't be missed! Do you have any tips/hints what to revise/look over? Or something you missed but wish someone told you?

Quick Reply