Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Black lives matter or All lives matter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the deal with Black Lives Matter and All Lives Matter movements in general, where did it grow from and why can we not come together as a non labelled collective to work on our problems in society?

#AllLivesMatter

ReputationRep:
    2D lives matter

#mattermatters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    2D lives matter
    2D?

ReputationRep:
    AI lives matter. Stop killing zombies. They R ppl 2.

ReputationRep:
    why can we not come together as a non labelled collective to work on our problems in society?

The world has NEVER been a "non-labelled collective" so its hard to believe it ever will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    #mattermatters
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    marshall mathers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    why can we not come together as a non labelled collective to work on our problems in society?

The world has NEVER been a "non-labelled collective" so its hard to believe it ever will be.
    I would say something close is calling us the Human Race. Although its a label, its non specific really except for the human part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    marshall mathers
    Sweet.

(Original post by Jacarch12)
    What do you mean?
    it was a joke- a bad one at that

ReputationRep:
    it was a joke- a bad one at that
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    What is the deal with Black Lives Matter and All Lives Matter movements in general, where did it grow from and why can we not come together as a non labelled collective to work on our problems in society?
    The point of the phrase 'Black lives matter' isn't to discriminate that ONLY black lives matter, it's to say that black lives matter TOO. And it's easy for people to say 'why not come together and all that impractical bs' when they haven't been affected personally...

ReputationRep:
    2D?
    2 dimensional girls mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mavrick388)
    The point of the phrase 'Black lives matter' isn't to discriminate that ONLY black lives matter, it's to say that black lives matter TOO. And it's easy for people to say 'why not come together and all that impractical bs' when they haven't been affected personally...
    Then why isn't the "Too" on the end, why do we have to infer that is what it means. Where does that come from initially though, I didn't need them to tell me their lives mattered because I already knew it did matter equally to mine.

I agree
    :cry2:

actually kudos to you for being so blunt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    2 dimensional girls mate
    But I don't think you understand. 2D Girls cannot exist because they would be dead.

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:

actually kudos to you for being so blunt
    Thanks dude, means a lot.

ReputationRep:
    But I don't think you understand. 2D Girls cannot exist because they would be dead.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.