The Student Room Group

HELP with c1 (EDEXCEL)

Basically do I need to know algebraic fractions and functions?

And im following exam solutions c1 tutorial playlist but I feel like some of his videos are missing and the order of his videos are confusing e.g. he has a chapter called "algebra and functions" but he has no videos about functions and I'm confused with the video about the "application of completing the square graph" - cuz your supposed to know graph transformations to do it - but exam solutions has no videos on the playlist about graph transformations :/ PLEASE HELP ME!

And why is it taking me so long to revise maths (e.g. it took me like 4 hours to go over the functions playlist :frown: theres just too many videos!) . I was hoping to revise s1 as well but sadly I couldnt :frown: Any tips guys? I would really apreciate it!

(Should I make rough notes, then rewrite them and do the question videos for each maths topic?)

Also I only covered up to factorising (polynomials looks confusing + some videos seem to be missing cuz I looked at the spec and it requires you to know alot more about polynomials) and im stuck on application of completing the square - grah video and I skipped through the exam questions - (ill do them once I rewrite up my notes)

Thank you
bump
Original post by shohaib712
Basically do I need to know algebraic fractions and functions?

And im following exam solutions c1 tutorial playlist but I feel like some of his videos are missing and the order of his videos are confusing e.g. he has a chapter called "algebra and functions" but he has no videos about functions and I'm confused with the video about the "application of completing the square graph" - cuz your supposed to know graph transformations to do it - but exam solutions has no videos on the playlist about graph transformations :/ PLEASE HELP ME!

And why is it taking me so long to revise maths (e.g. it took me like 4 hours to go over the functions playlist :frown: theres just too many videos!) . I was hoping to revise s1 as well but sadly I couldnt :frown: Any tips guys? I would really apreciate it!

(Should I make rough notes, then rewrite them and do the question videos for each maths topic?)

Also I only covered up to factorising (polynomials looks confusing + some videos seem to be missing cuz I looked at the spec and it requires you to know alot more about polynomials) and im stuck on application of completing the square - grah video and I skipped through the exam questions - (ill do them once I rewrite up my notes)

Thank you

I think you would benefit from having the textbook, to be honest.

Don't just do the textbook q's but also work through the solution bank questions available online (eg physicsmathstutor) if you can't get the textbook, that will give you an idea of what you need.
I currently am buying all the module apps he has and downloading all the videos onto my Iphone I don't have a lot of music only a few hundred songs so lots of room. its annoying i cant click a download all button in the app and have to keep doing 5 at a time but meh.

my strategy is to go through module then at the end of each module when I have made notes on it all pretend the exam is in a day or two re read my notes constantly sit mock exams and note where i missed marks then go back through those bits and find as many questions in textbooks as i can try all some of those retest until 100% barring silly mistakes (eg if i get the concept and method but made an arithmatic mistake then whatever we testing i understand the concepts.

if you follow a similiar method then anything that isnt covered is likely to be spotted. its not even the end of September yet if you prep properly from now and work hard it will be hard for anything to catch you out.
I see so just carry on making notes till I finish the module in his website. Then do past papers to check if there's anything I missed and make notes on them? Great strategy.

I'm just worried cuz my school sets a lot of my maths homework and they all tend to catch me out on topics which aren't covered by examsolutions like algebraic fractions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest