The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
112280Thanks. I'm just about to report that post. It will be removed. We should now be temporarily counting alongside post numbers again - until that post has been removed. I will let you know when that happens.

Thank you for informing me and keeping me up to date, I have edited the posts - therefore, they should now correspond to the natural numerical sequence of the thread once the reported post has been deleted.

:moon:

:h:
Original post by PerplexingGeode
Thank you for informing me and keeping me up to date, I have edited the posts - therefore, they should now correspond to the natural numerical sequence of the thread once the reported post has been deleted.
Yep. At the minute, we are in line with the post number, when that post gets removed, we will be back to posting one ahead of the post number until tomorrow when that old post will be reinstated. Once that happens we're back on terms again. But those two problem posts at the minute negate each other.

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

(edited 7 years ago)

I understand now - you have an extensive amount of knowledge regarding batteries, indeed! :h:

How are you able to determine your battery capacity? Is there a function on laptops that enables you to perceive the battery capacity - prior to the Windows notification, or does it have to be determined by physically taking out the battery and testing the mAh manually? :wink:

If I recall, you have mentioned the discharge and recharge cycles regarding a laptop battery, previously - it is very useful to know. :smile: That's a relatively mild temperature spike for a laptop, during highly intensive tasks; though HP laptops are not generally notorious for experiencing overheating issues, as we have previously discussed. :h:

I understand now - you have an extensive amount of knowledge regarding batteries, indeed! :h:How are you able to determine your battery capacity? Is there a function on laptops that enables you to perceive the battery capacity - prior to the Windows notification, or does it have to be determined by physically taking out the battery and testing the mAh manually? :wink:If I recall, you have mentioned the discharge and recharge cycles regarding a laptop battery, previously - it is very useful to know. :smile: That's a relatively mild temperature spike for a laptop, during highly intensive tasks; though HP laptops are not generally notorious for experiencing overheating issues, as we have previously discussed. :h:111,859

Yes, I certainly do :wink:

There are two different ways of determining battery capacity:

1) Install the Battery Meter desktop gadget (requires Windows 7 or the 8GadgetPack for Windows 8/8.1/10) - from the gadget it will inform you of the battery capacity.

2) Open up an Administrative Command Prompt (start - search - cmd - right click - run as administrator). When the admin command prompt is open, type:
powercfg -energy -output %userprofile%\desktop\energy-report.html

Once this has completed, it will create a file called "energy-report.html" on your Desktop. Open the file and scroll down to the Battery Information section.
It will show two numbers: Design Capacity (capacity of battery when new) and Last Full Charge (capacity of battery when last fully charged).
E.g:
Design Capacity 73260
Last Full Charge 72450

Divide "Last Full Charge" by "Design Capacity" and then multiply the result by 100. This will give a percentage of how much capacity your battery has left (compared to when it was new). If this percentage is less than 40% you will need to replace your battery.

Yep, you're right, HP laptops are usually fine in regards to heat issues - why Acer created a whole series of overheating laptops, I will never know...

(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending