The Student Room Group

So annoying

I'm so annoyed with being played this summer. I'm waiting on a job reply, to find out of I got it, I phoned the agency and they said the client will hopefully get back to them ''this week'' after being told I'd hear on Monday.

I turned down work from another agency monday morning as I expected to hear back from this other job.

I'm staring at other jobs I could apply for, but would prefer this one job as it pays so greatly.

I hate this waiting around, and I hate being played. If you say Monday, tell me on MOnday. SOoooooooo pissed off at this now.
this is generally the case you will find in these situations. the process is very slow indeed. kinda weird considering you would have thought they would have wanted it finalised pretty quickly. i am only assuming that this occurs because of the postal system, and all the other letters etc that the companies also have to reply to. sucks though.
Reply 2
I've worked on both sides, both the recruitment agency side and working as a temp so a little advise for you in these type of situations. From the recruitment point of view clients (companies) override your importance anytime, clients also have an annoying habit of changing their requirements, timelines and recruitment needs at the last minute. As an employee your best bet is to take up a job that is offered you the first as you can never be sure of will the other job pan through. If it does, and you really really want it, you can always ditch the first one and take the latter offer. Will piss the other rec agency off and they might remove you from their list, but you would be left better anyway at the end.
You're a fool for turning down the first job that was offered to you.
Reply 4
sequence123
You're a fool for turning down the first job that was offered to you.

Yeah, but it was 7:30am on a Monday Morning after an understaffed long shift at subway that left me REALLY tired. If they phoned TUesday probably would have taken it. Oh well :p:
Reply 5
Oh well, luck saves me with a £500 a week job. Hot stuff. So happy they phoned back, can't believe it. Also got 8 hours of work today extra at subway as someone didn't turn up. Bonus!

Latest

Trending

Trending