The Student Room Group

Audit or Tax???

I am in my final year at the University of Surrey studying Accounting & Finance. I am unsure whether to apply for Audit or Tax positions?

What are your thoughts about the two fields? Thanks!
Hey man, im only in second year of accounting and finance but i heard a little about the two fields.

Auditors, basically go over what accountants do within companies, so they just check if everything is in order and nothing is dodgy basically. They get to travel alot as suppose to your standard accountants (e.g. management), as they work within different companies across the country so if you get bored easily Audit is more for you as you travel more, also you can get a courtesy car and even have 4-5 star hotels paid for depending on how good you are but one negative is that you don't always get a good vibe from people, auditors aren't exactly welcome but i guess thats up to you.

WIth Tax, simple way to put it is that its harder to get into but the money is much better, and if you have a business its a bonus. You'll be able to tax avoid (not tax evade) which is the legal way to minimize tax within your business, just like how all these big companies do such as apple and google. So they both really have there advantages and dis advantages but it depends on you, and which one suits you more. Hopefully i helped mate.
Reply 2
Auditor!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending