The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
play.com don't add postage charges themselves, so I guess I'll have to add p+p in the price. Right, to clear things up I have a few questions. Got a bit lost reading this thread. So could anyone clarify these questions/points for me please:

1. So sending a DVD through the post would cost around 80odd pence?
2. How can I keep track of it being sent so people can't try and refund?
3. What is the lowest price you recommend I should sell a DVD for that's in good condition?
4. What packaging do I need? Just an envelope?

erm, I think that's all the questions I have. :s-smilie:
1. So sending a DVD through the post would cost around 80odd pence?
To the UK, yes.

2. How can I keep track of it being sent so people can't try and refund?
Recorded delivery is the only way but it'll annoy the buyer and it costs.. not worth it IMO, i never do.

3. What is the lowest price you recommend I should sell a DVD for that's in good condition?
Lowest? £2.

4. What packaging do I need? Just an envelope?
Jiffy bags are best.. 79p for 4 in Wilko's

If you have ALOT to sell it may be worth getting some free webspace and making your own shop, then distributing the link all over forums.. with basic web design you can make something like mine [click]... all the royalties you have to pay then is 20p+3.7% of each sale to paypal (which you'd be paying on any shop that uses paypal anyway).
Postage is often the real killer. Posting a heavy item sometimes makes it not worth it.

and you have to go to the post office every day if you do this a lot.

check out affiliate marketing!
Reply 23
i make a living off ebay. i sell car parts for a company i work for.
we have a shop, and in 2 months i've made over 4000£.

ebay is pretty easy to deal with. i've used it at work and at home. you get the occasional bastards (one such who gave me negative feedback for 'being cheeky') but it's pretty simple.
if you are only selling dvds, i also wouldn't bother with a shop. they are quite expensive for what they are, so unless you will be selling more than a few dvds, or lots and lots of stuff, just stick to being a user.

if you need any help, then i'm certainly the person to come to, so pm me or something :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending