Turn on thread page Beta

Pregnancy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know its rare but is it possible to be pregnant but still get slight 1 day periods? All the symptoms are there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, some people have regular periods during their whole pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's possible. If you've had a period since you had sex, or at least passed the point where your period should have come, get a pregnancy test asap. Unfortunately TSR doesn't yet do pregnancy scans...

ReputationRep:
    yes, i'm pretty sure so, i knew a girl who still had 3-4 day periods whilst pregnant

ReputationRep:
    well i had a period but it only lasted 1 day, and ive been feeling sick everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Take a pregnancy test and then see where you go next, if its positive, your pregnant, if not then your not, you won't know until you've taken a test. Afterwards go and speak with your doctor, its not uncommon for women to have periods while their pregnant, though it would greatly piss me off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    well i had a period but it only lasted 1 day, and ive been feeling sick everyday.
    Morning sickness is not really a reliable guide for pregnancy as any number of things could make you feel nauseous. Additionally it's not something that starts from the moment of conception - the zygote will spend nearly a week travelling down your oviduct and developing before it even reaches your uterus to hatch and implant. Think rationally for a minute about whether you have actually had unprotected sex, how long ago it was, when your period was due and whether your periods are regular or whether you do sometimes get only a single day of bleeding. The most sensible thing you can do is to log off TSR and get yourself to either a GP or a Family Planning Clinic as quickly as possible where you can tell a professional exactly what happened when, and where you can get a pregnancy test. It will most likely be free at either of these places as well, if finance is an issue. Nobody on the internet will be able to tell you whether or not you are pregnant and you need to know either way so that you can go from there. If you're pregnant you will need help and support from one of the places I mentioned above so you can decide whether or not to keep it and if you're not pregnant then you will need to learn from your mistake and get yourself onto a reliable contraceptive programme. Good luck, here are some links:

http://www.fpa.org.uk/ (Family Planning Service)

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ (NHS Direct)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_control (Article on Birth Control Methods)

ReputationRep:
    Bus ticket to nearest Tescos: £2.
    Pregnancy Test: £5.
    Having a huge baby-shaped weight off your mind: Priceless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca2389)

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    lol. i will drive down tomorrow. I am on the pill but i have a bad memory and forget to take it sometimes, i have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have sex many times a week, i had my last 'period' just over a week ago. I am nearly 20 so i don't mind if i am pregnant, im just worried about whether i am or not! I've also been getting bad headaches and i feel tired all the time. I will hopefully go get a test tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    I am nearly 20 so i don't mind if i am pregnant
    Yeah, I'm sure your kid will want for nothing.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well my boyfriend has a graduate job so we are okay on money...we have our own place too, i have my own car, we are settled, its not like im just a teenager sleepin with some random guy.

ReputationRep:
    but do you really want to charge your whole life, risk your relationship and lose parts of adulthood just because you 'have a bad memory and forget to take your pill. Take a pregnancy test if it is 3 weeks since you last had unprotected sex, if you are not pregnant get on injection or implant as then you dont need to remmeber to take pill every day.

ReputationRep:
    jesus christ - why is it that when anybody on tsr says that they are/might be pregnant and that they are happy about it/don't mind it, everybody jumps on them and immediately tells them that they are ruining their life?!

Tailz - if you ARE pregnant, and you are quite happy to be pregnant, then a big congratulations to you and your boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca2389)
    Baby; £180,137
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well if you both feel mature enough to have a baby then it is up to you. But first you can't possibly know if you are pregnant without talking a test.

I can see why people are saying you are ruining your life, a lot of people today would rather live a bit first before settling down however obviously some couples like to settle down and have a family straight away. Just bear in mind having a baby is a huge step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Baby; £180,137
    depends entirely on the individual family - the cost of raising a child is not something that one can just generalise and tack a figure onto. A lot of people manage splendidly whilst spending far less than that.

ReputationRep:
    Fine - For some people it will be more, for some it will be less. It's a ****load of cash, though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2007
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.