Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

POLL: What do you prefer to spend your money on? Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you prefer to spend your money on?
    Travelling
    93.75%
    Going out drinking
    6.25%

ReputationRep:
    I live in Newcastle and I'm yet to meet a single person here who prefers travelling and going on trips out/adventures to going out drinking and having sex.

I'm not labelling every single person in Newcastle as that type of person, but I'd say 90% of people here my age prefer drinking. And I can't imagine it being different in any other places in the UK. Definitely not any cities.

And it's sad. It's honestly sad. If you can afford to go out drinking every weekend or more frequently, then you can afford to save up and go somewhere and create memories which will last forever, yes not as frequently as you can go out drinking, but you're just doing the same thing every weekend with the same people for the purpose of "living for the moment"

Now I will quite happily admit. I have like 1 friend, and they live quite far away. I've never drank more than a couple of bottles of cider and I've never been drunk. I wouldn't know what it's like, nor would I know what it's like to have sex. So I am being quite biased here. But I just feel like the only person here who wants to do something different and explore new places and cultures, and be able to say they've lived. No one seems to want to do that.

So what is it about this whole getting hammered and pulling anyone you can that makes it more appealing than saving up to go somewhere and do something you've never done before? Or am I completely wrong here?

ReputationRep:
    you don't necessarily have to drink to have fun

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather do my homework thanks

ffs two essays in one week wtf is a life even
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Travelling
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Food, like too much of it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Drinking while travelling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Travelling
    Same! I would hate to spend my money on memories that I wont be able to remember fully...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time I don't bother leaving the house because I'm too lazy.

If I had a choice I would have a night out with my mates. Not really much of a traveler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanker)
    Drinking while travelling!

Nah but seriously, travelling is the way to go!

ReputationRep:
    Ah.

Maybe it's just us Geordies then?

ReputationRep:
    Travelling
    Memories are worth more than drunken nights you probably wont remember in the morning.
    And any way drinking and getting drunk is such a waste of time unlike travelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Travelling
    Memories are worth more than drunken nights you probably wont remember in the morning.
    And any way drinking and getting drunk is such a waste of time unlike travelling
    I literally couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    smoking weed
    but i only whip the yay
    bmt trapstar in da building
    if uno uno
    research about me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FightToWin)
    I literally couldn't agree more.
    Why thanks, you are the first one to agree with me on that and life is too short to waste a second i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Why thanks, you are the first one to agree with me on that and life is too short to waste a second i think.
    I'm guessing you don't live in Newcastle then.

ReputationRep:
    If "travelling" means driving to Pizza Hut, Subway or other food outlet, then yeah, I spend a lot more money on that considering I don't drink anymore.

P.S. I can't imagine a Geordie that's more into travelling than they are into getting "mortal" and having sex behind some bins and/or fighting in the road :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I can't imagine a Geordie that's more into travelling than they are into getting "mortal" and having sex behind some bins and/or fighting in the road :rofl:
    Truer words have never been spoken. I should've known before I moved down here really, shouldn't I?

ReputationRep:
    Truer words have never been spoken. I should've known before I moved down here really, shouldn't I?
    I'll just say that I've been to Newcastle on a few occasions for nights out a while back, and the reputation is 100% warranted :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I'll just say that I've been to Newcastle on a few occasions for nights out a while back, and the reputation is 100% warranted :lol:
    Newcastle is great for nights out and the Geordies are a nice bunch... Just not your travel type people.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle is great for nights out and the Geordies are a nice bunch... Just not your travel type people.
    Geordie girls love southerners as well Easiest pulls I've ever had. Literally got a hint of my accent when I started chatting to them, asked if I'd just come up for the night or lived there, told them I was staying in a hotel and that they should come and "check it out" and that was pretty much my schtick for Newcastle :lol:

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.