Stuck at home with no social life

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing this to vent and get it off my chest, but any advice would also be appreciated.
    I'm a 21 year old male, I dropped out of uni and I'm now living back at home doing a job I don't really enjoy with absolutely no friends or social life, and frankly I just feel like absolute crap.
    The friends I do have are all at uni and seem to be having an blast, making new friends, making a life for themselves, having complete independence. I just feel like I'm stuck in a prison and my life is going nowhere. I see the same people everyday and there's no oppertunities nearby to meet anyone new. To top it all off my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with my recently too, and I've recently found out she's now seeing someone else (who she met at uni). I just feel completely worthless at the moment. I want to move out and meet new people and enjoy being a young independent any adult. But instead I'm stuck at home, and treated like a kid.
    My daily routine consists of waking up, working, coming home, gym and then sleep. My life feels so boring compared to everyone on social media who go to festivals, and have holidays and spend all their time with friends. I just don't know where I've gone wrong... Does anyone else feel like this?

So make a plan to make changes?
    New job?
    New qualifications?
    New interests and hobbies?

If you dont make change then it will stay the same.

I wouldnt kid yourself that everyone at uni is having a great time.
    You might always be able to go back to uni., but if out then you could do an apprenticeship or what id look at would be any professional qualificaions in areas you are interested in.

No need to panic you are nly 21, so take it as an opportunity to plan and think what youd like to do.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you drop out? Is there any other course you'd like to do?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel bro. I've been there.

Life has **** in my face in the last few years tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Bro you have to ask yourself what you want in life...
    Alright you broke up with your girl. unfortunately, that's something you have to get over with. you say you're bored, why don't you make an online business that's definitely going to keep you on your toes and if your business booms you can quit your job and not have to worry about working for anyone.
    you say you have no friends, I don't know how it's possible not to when there're tons of social media out there. you had a girl so I'm assuming your not the ugliest person in the world and the fact you go gym daily is a plus. if you're not a social media type of guy, go visit different towns or cities and go to events or clubs where you can meet new people.
    BTW don't think going to uni means you have a better life.

ReputationRep:
    Life is meaningless. Please kill me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Gay)
    Life is meaningless. Please kill me.
    Please no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adollop)
    Please no
    pls b0ss

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.