Is this a sign that he's not interested?

Announcements

So today I saw a guy that is meant to like me a lot checking out another girl. Does this mean he isn't actually interested in me or is this just me overreacting? Any advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    If it looks like this, then yes:

https://www.fabu-licious.com/media/c...d-sign-5_2.jpg

ReputationRep:
    even ppl who are in committed relationships check out other ppl don't worry

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    even ppl who are in committed relationships check out other ppl don't worry
    Yeah I guess. He did look at her more than once though but his behaviour towards me hasn't changed so idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I guess. He did look at her more than once though but his behaviour towards me hasn't changed so idk
    meh u should still do sth about it
    if he does like you, it ain't gonna last forever

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    meh u should still do sth about it
    if he does like you, it ain't gonna last forever
    I know I really should but seeing that he was looking at another girl freaked me out and I dont know what to do about it

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So today I saw a guy that is meant to like me a lot checking out another girl. Does this mean he isn't actually interested in me or is this just me overreacting? Any advice would be appreciated
    You are overreacting everyone likes to do a bit of window shopping regardless if they liked you or with you. Just cause he was checking out someone might not mean he wants to be with her we all find others attractive but dosent mean we want to be with them.

ReputationRep:
    afaik most people look at other folk even when they particularly fancy one person. It doesn't affect his feelings toward you.

ReputationRep:
    Was he with you at the time or are you looking at pics on facebook? If he was checking out somebody else while with you, it suggests... Absolutely nothing. Or it might suggest something. We'd need to see what happened because vague descriptions are impossible to guess at.

If he was with you, whistled at another girl and said, "Dang, girl. Bring summa that over here." while he was with you, you are probably in the friend zone.

(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Was he with you at the time or are you looking at pics on facebook? If he was checking out somebody else while with you, it suggests... Absolutely nothing. Or it might suggest something. We'd need to see what happened because vague descriptions are impossible to guess at.

If he was with you, whistled at another girl and said, "Dang, girl. Bring summa that over here." while he was with you, you are probably in the friend zone.
    We were at the same event but we were standing with separate friends when I saw him turn his head to check her out and then he looked at her again later on as well but that was more of a glance than checking out that time

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    afaik most people look at other folk even when they particularly fancy one person. It doesn't affect his feelings toward you.
    Thanks that's made me feel better

(Original post by chikane)
    You are overreacting everyone likes to do a bit of window shopping regardless if they liked you or with you. Just cause he was checking out someone might not mean he wants to be with her we all find others attractive but dosent mean we want to be with them.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Guys will naturally check out a good looking girl, you even sometimes get guys with girlfriends who do that

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.