Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the Science behind this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Science + Mathd subjects never worked for me in GCSE and AS levels. Nothing would go into my head in class, key concepts would take me very long to learn, and I just cant understand anything without the CGP guide. I started revising at the start aswell.

However Politics and History comes easy to me, essay writing is easy to grasp,the content stays in my head easily for a long time, and I could easily self learn a subject like politics tbh.

Is it true that we are "naturally better" at some subjects? If so how does this work? Im guessing that it means I use 1 side of the brain more than the other...

Or am I just stupid, or are the arts subjects genuinely much easier and that strengths have nothing to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol usually people have a preference between maths/sciences or english/history or arty things.
    I have a feeling it's genetic!
    However some subjects can be learnt such as music or biology, whereas some require people who are naturally good with numbers or words or artistic things.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    the way i look at it is if you're a talkative person, love to discuss things, then you gonna prefer writing essays cos u just have that much to say cos u remember events more. i sometimes look at history as a subject where we gossip about what them old men did 100 years ago. and as a person who likes the idea of (harmless) gossip, i tend to look at history as episodes of a tv series where im more likely going to remember

i also take maths. sometimes i like a break from essays, too much writing bores me. maths requires me to spend like 10 minutes doing 2-5 questions a day and boom im done.

arts are not easier than stem, vice versa. sure, i will never understand anything about physics, but i can if i try and actually take an interest in it...for now, it can bug off

ReputationRep:
    You can be good at anything, there isn't anything blocking the information. It's just how appealing you find something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.