Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    do you HAVE to put a non-medical major as one of your choices or is that only a recommendation?

Thanks
    Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakshsaksena)
    Hi guys
    do you HAVE to put a non-medical major as one of your choices or is that only a recommendation?

Thanks
    Regards
    You MUST
    Within your 5 choices, only 4 of them can be used to apply for medicine.
    The remaining one has to be another degree.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML8020)
    You MUST
    Within your 5 choices, only 4 of them can be used to apply for medicine.
    The remaining one has to be another degree.
    You're right that only four can be medicine, that doesn't mean they HAVE to put a fifth choice down. They'd be wise to, but it's not compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're smart about where and what you apply for, within medicine there are many different degree's and the 4 choices only are for the A100 and graduate etc However if you chose to apply for a medicine degree that has a foundation year i.e Durham has one then you can technically have 5 choices ahaha :') somehow it won't take up one of the choices !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_alwayssmiley)
    Unless you're smart about where and what you apply for, within medicine there are many different degree's and the 4 choices only are for the A100 and graduate etc However if you chose to apply for a medicine degree that has a foundation year i.e Durham has one then you can technically have 5 choices ahaha :' somehow it won't take up one of the choices !
    so we cant do 5 A100s?
    But like we can do 4 A100s and like one A101 right? (or any other combination of that sort)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakshsaksena)
    so we cant do 5 A100s?
    But like we can do 4 A100s and like one A101 right? (or any other combination of that sort)
    Not sure exactly which A101 courses are allowed but play with UCAS loool and see which A101 course it allows but I do know that you can definitely apply for 4 normal / standard medicine courses and have a 5th choice as Durhams medicine course that has a foundation degree (1 year). I know someone who did it that's why, I'm applying this year so I'm not sure which one exactly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.