Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    My a level predicted grade is bad. Like cdd. I kniw i can do better this year. I want to go to lancaster uni to study accounting and math. I am wondering would they look at my predicted grades and be like im not good enough and reject me and would there be a disadvantage for me if i redo some of my moduals (in math). Any answer would help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnak123456)
    Hi
    My a level predicted grade is bad. Like cdd. I kniw i can do better this year. I want to go to lancaster uni to study accounting and math. I am wondering would they look at my predicted grades and be like im not good enough and reject me and would there be a disadvantage for me if i redo some of my moduals (in math). Any answer would help
    convince your teachers to change them then

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Do some tests, get really good grades, perform really well in mocks or something and show them you can get really good grades then they might change

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Surely you can convince your teacher to change them. At my sixth form, most people convince their teachers to give them good predicted grades and it usually works.*

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Consider applying after your A2's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Yes this I guess now I am funding my own degree when I go back no student loan and have to work to get that money on top of study i think more clearly.

my plan is to sit the first set of exams apply with those results pending the latter exams. I apply to what I think is suitable based on results if I get rejected from my main choices I pull out of application process get my results have a gap year and apply with results in hand.

You will likely incur over £30000 in debt plus interest. you will be spending 3-4 years of your life on the degree just take that extra year if you need it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay some of the replies calmed me down. I have a question let say this january i do extremly good in mocks will the teachers change my predicted grade or will i have to ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Do you mean after i get my results because i dont feel as if there will be any spaces left after that.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean after i get my results because i dont feel as if there will be any spaces left after that.
    not nec in clearing I was implying taking a gap year and applying in the next cycle i think thats what he was implying to

ReputationRep:
    Okay i see but i dont want to take a year off. Like i want to go to university and i dont to waste a year (not saying a gap year is awaster of year just a waste of year for me).
    I jusg forgot to mention my predicted grade changed. I got a letter and forgot to open it. Feel so stupid and its BBD. The D is in math. I got an E in my As in math and i am planning to retake c2 and s1 in january. So im kinda worried still. So do you think lancaster uni woupd accept this as predicted grades. Yes no

ReputationRep:
    I mean get your A2 results next year and if you are correct about being capable of better grades then apply for 2018 entry to unis such as Lancaster.

It's not a 'year off'. It's a 'later application made necessary by your poor performance so far'.

Do I think Lancaster will accept you with predictions of BBD for an AAB course and an E in AS Maths? No, very little chance of that. If they did, they would offer you AAB and I suspect that you would have to get above BBD (even if not AAB) to be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    So what you are saying im screwed. Btw can i apply straight after my a level results and get in or is that just stupid.
    • Very Important Poster

So what you are saying im screwed. Btw can i apply straight after my a level results and get in or is that just stupid.
    Your attitude and analysis of the situation is wrong. I agree with ageshallnot. If your objctive is to get into Lancaster then you should elarn to make smart decisions and demonstrate a bit of patience.

Yes you cna apply after your results when clearing starts.

ReputationRep:
    When i emailed the uni. They asked for AAA. And a B in gcse english and math. I got AAE in my as level and gcse english is a C and B in math. Do you think they will offer me a place if i geg like a C or B in math making it AAB. By the way when you apply through ucas do need to put down all your gcse grades in. This is out of curiousity.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a firm offer elsewhere and then exceed that offer you can use Adjustment to apply to 'better' unis. You would have a five-day window to do so without the risk of losing your existing place.

When i emailed the uni. They asked for AAA. And a B in gcse english and math. I got AAE in my as level and gcse english is a C and B in math. Do you think they will offer me a place if i geg like a C or B in math making it AAB. By the way when you apply through ucas do need to put down all your gcse grades in. This is out of curiousity.
    OK, I was guessing at AAB because I didn't know which exact course you are interested in applying for. If they want AAA then your chances are even less. This is made worse by the fact that they want a B in GCSE English and you only have a C. While this might seem unimportant, unis often use these basic GCSE standards as a 'first sort' to reject candidates.

However, if you achieved AAE at AS, why on earth are you being predicted BBD?

And yes, you have to enter all your qualifications and grades.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I am very new at this so can someone explain like ucas and clearing and stuff like that because i have no clue and my school dont give you or tell you about it. I know what is ucas but other stuff i have little of idea on what is going on.
    My predicted grade were lower because we sometimes had little test last year and i did crap on them and he based our prediction grade on them sadly but im going to ask the teachers of them lessons to change them.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also do universities look at each gcse and its grade or do they look at how many ums you have altogether. I am curious about this
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I am very new at this so can someone explain like ucas and clearing and stuff like that because i have no clue and my school dont give you or tell you about it. I know what is ucas but other stuff i have little of idea on what is going on.
    My predicted grade were lower because we sometimes had little test last year and i did crap on them and he based our prediction grade on them sadly but im going to ask the teachers of them lessons to change them.
    Thanks
    There is lots of info on TSR about all this.

Start here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...pplying-to-uni

Also do universities look at each gcse and its grade or do they look at how many ums you have altogether. I am curious about this
    Just your individual GCSE grades.

UMS is only really used by Cambridge University and for AS/A-levels only. And less so now because linear/reformed A-levels don't have UMS at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.