fat guy

Hey guys
    So I have met this guy online dating
    We're going on a date soon
    Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
    I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
    Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
    I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of

If you truely like him, his size doesn't matter!
    Just go with the flow when you meet and you can decide for yourself!
    But it shouldn't be a turn off for you!
    It's who he is and if you like him, you like him as a whole, not individual parts!

ReputationRep:
    i weigh 48kg, for a 16 years old im really skinny, almost anorexic. just recently bought an XL shirt, it's a little baggy, but it doesnt look wrong on me if ygm.
    depends on how tall he is too.

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on his build. But if his size is a turn off then theres no point.

ReputationRep:
    His size puts you off but then you ask whether it is or should be a turnoff?

Don't go on a date with him if you're not attracted to him. Liking a person's character makes him your friend not anything else.

ReputationRep:
    You're asking us if it should be a turn off for you?

If you have a problem with his size then you should cancel the date, for his sake.

ReputationRep:
    If you like him, go out with him.

The worst you can do is decide you don't like him when you see him and quietly decide not to go on another date.

Otherwise you might meet a really great guy and hit it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i weigh 48kg, for a 16 years old im really skinny, almost anorexic. just recently bought an XL shirt, it's a little baggy, but it doesnt look wrong on me if ygm.
    Are you sure ur not using it as a cloak

ReputationRep:
    how tall are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    If you truely like him, his size doesn't matter!
    Just go with the flow when you meet and you can decide for yourself!
    But it shouldn't be a turn off for you!
    It's who he is and if you like him, you like him as a whole, not individual parts!
    That's true, but I'm worried as were only young he'll get fatter and unhealthy as we age
    But is XL big?

(Original post by 1010marina)
    If you like him, go out with him.

The worst you can do is decide you don't like him when you see him and quietly decide not to go on another date.

Otherwise you might meet a really great guy and hit it off
    I know but I'll be going against loads of people and behind there back to go on the date
    Cause of my culture
    So I want and hope the guys worth it

ReputationRep:
    If the attraction is there, then size doesn't really matter. I'm an average slim weight and my partner is overweight/gets into XL. Sure, he isn't what I thought I'd have went for but at the end of the day, the attraction was there and it hasn't gone away after all these years, despite what he looks like and that is all that matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Are you sure ur not using it as a cloak
    Loool!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by UWS)
    You're asking us if it should be a turn off for you?

If you have a problem with his size then you should cancel the date, for his sake.
    But wouldn't you have a problem with a girls size? If she told you she was big
    But you didn't know how much

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    If the attraction is there, then size doesn't really matter. I'm an average slim weight and my partner is overweight. Sure, he isn't what I thought I'd have went for but at the end of the day, the attraction was there and it hasn't gone away after all these years, despite what he looks like and that is all that matters to me.
    Oh that's true, what size is he if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh that's true, what size is he if you don't mind me asking?
    Depends on brands, really. Sometimes he can still fit into his L clothes and then with other brands he sometimes has to get a size XL, XXL etc. Its just like us girls, in one shop you can get into their size 8 clothes but then with another brand because they size differently and use different materials, you might have to get into a size 12 even though you're not truly a size 12.

ReputationRep:
    did you really ask him what his size is?=)))))))))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But wouldn't you have a problem with a girls size? If she told you she was big
    But you didn't know how much
    That's what I'm saying. If I didn't like a physical attribute in that person, I would cancel the date so I wouldn't end up playing them for a mug. If you already have doubts, this won't go very far.

ReputationRep:
    so you haven't seen his pic?

and yet you wanna meet him?

sounds dodgy

unless you have? fact is theres no point asking us, some guys wear a bigger size even when they don't look that big. all depends on how tall they are and where the fat is distributed. meet him, if you like him then you like him. if you don't then don't meet him again after the date, simple as

ReputationRep:
    48kg at 16 ? How tall are you if you don't mind me asking ? I'm 16 years old, 5t10 in height and weigh 62kg btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.