Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fried Chicken Predicament Watch

Announcements
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    So I ordered some fried chicken last night and went to sleep without putting the leftover chicken in the fridge. Its been left out on the worktop for 8 hours. If I were to microwave it, would it be okay to eat?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vela1)
    So I ordered some fried chicken last night and went to sleep without putting the leftover chicken in the fridge. Its been left out on the worktop for 8 hours. If I were to microwave it, would it be okay to eat?
    I would say probably not, unfortunately.
    Offline

    21
    well did you?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    well did you?
    I couldn't risk it so threw it away. My vivid experience of food poisoning last year put me off.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Nah don't
    Offline

    21
    (Original post by vela1)
    I couldn't risk it so threw it away. My vivid experience of food poisoning last year put me off.
    i guess in future keep leftovers in the fridge
    • Study Helper
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    Probably fine to eat
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    stick it on extra hot and microwave off all those germs

    a lot of these food products are heated and reheated and reheated so if it's your turn for poisoning, then so be it (it comes with the territory), but 8 hours won't do it really if you got it from a place that seemed to have "okay" standards.

    i leave stuff out all the time (up to 2 days) but there's typically got to be something wrong with the food for it to harm you.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vela1)
    So I ordered some fried chicken last night and went to sleep without putting the leftover chicken in the fridge. Its been left out on the worktop for 8 hours. If I were to microwave it, would it be okay to eat?
    For a penguin like me, yes
    Offline

    0
    You've got to be very careful with foods high in protein (chicken etc) since it provides an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. Of course, it's up to you but imo salmonella isn't worth the risk.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.