Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Engineering entry requirements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if a C in higher physics is enough to apply. I have 2 A's 2 B's and a C (physics). B in maths. Dundee uni says typical offer is 2 As and 2 B's to include maths and physics. Do they mean physics should be an A or B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susie07)
    Does anyone know if a C in higher physics is enough to apply. I have 2 A's 2 B's and a C (physics). B in maths. Dundee uni says typical offer is 2 As and 2 B's to include maths and physics. Do they mean physics should be an A or B?
    To answer your question about Dundee, yes that is what it means I'm afraid. I know plenty of people doing engineering at a variety of universities, and by the sounds of things, if you don't have a good grasp of mechanics/physics and maths, it can be extremely difficult, not only to get in, but to also keep up. That said however, I also know of a few universities that will give you the extra help in maths/physics if your a-levels arent strong enough or you dont have the relevant background.I definitely wouldnt give up if its 100% what you want to do good luck!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.