st george's vs leicester

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxsbxxx)
    with a ukcat of 760+ band 1, 9 A*s and an A at gcse, which would be better to apply to? I'm replacing liverpool with one of these to avoid PS heavy unis, and I know I have a decent chance of interview at both so considering area/uni/nightlife and interview to offer ratio which would be more sensible?
    thank you!
    If you want to be broke then St Georges if you don't want to be broke, Leicester. Leicester v London - so different it's apples and oranges time. St George's is all medical related students, Leicester is all types. St George's is tatty and Leicester is brand new.

ReputationRep:
    also would southampton be a good choice?
    Definitely, they are arguably the most UKCAT heavy uni so you are guaranteed an interview! I'd imagine London nightlife may be better than Leicester, but more expensive too. I would go for Leicester if you don't go for Southampton, I prefer it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks!! would you personally prefer leicester or southampton? (I realise I have to make this decision myself but it's so hard! leicester is about an hour away from me and soton is 3 hours so there's that too)
    If I had a great UKCAT score I would probably be going for Southampton, unfortunately I'm not in that position! I just love the city, it just seems to be busy and thriving and Southampton is quite high in the league tables if thats something that matters to you. You would get an interview at either so if I were you I would look definitely look at the course structure, see which you prefer! Do you prefer a city/ the accommodation of one? maybe compare success ratios on medic portal university comparison tool?? You're in a really good position, you can afford to be picky! I may be applying to Leicester though with that being said, in the hope my GCSEs make up for my UKCAT!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.