Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Average results?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm trying to decide on a 4th choice
    I have:
    7A*s, 4As at GCSE
    ABBC at AS (predicted A*AA at A2)
    680 average, band 2 in UKCAT

Which of the following med schools is my best chance / which should I rule out completely?
    BSMS
    Cardiff
    Bristol
    Edinburgh
    Leicester
    Sheffield
    Nottingham
    Glasgow
    Keele

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyam)
    Hi, I'm trying to decide on a 4th choice
    I have:
    7A*s, 4As at GCSE
    ABBC at AS (predicted A*AA at A2)
    680 average, band 2 in UKCAT

Which of the following med schools is my best chance / which should I rule out completely?
    BSMS
    Cardiff
    Bristol
    Edinburgh
    Leicester
    Sheffield
    Nottingham

Thanks
    Rule out Cardiff and Edinburgh. Your stats are solid for many medical schools so Bristol isn't the best idea as they put 70% weighting on ps which is subjective. If you like it apply, you meet the requirements and there's no reason to rule it out but its just risky providing you have good stats and guaranteed interviews elsewhere. I don't know much about BSMS, but the others are looking like very good options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower6)
    Rule out Cardiff and Edinburgh. Your stats are solid for many medical schools so Bristol isn't the best idea as they put 70% weighting on ps which is subjective. If you like it apply, you meet the requirements and there's no reason to rule it out but its just risky providing you have good stats and guaranteed interviews elsewhere. I don't know much about BSMS, but the others are looking like very good options.
    Hey how do you know that Bristol put 70% on PS. I am applying for the MEng in Aerospace engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    Hey how do you know that Bristol put 70% on PS. I am applying for the MEng in Aerospace engineering
    This person posted the thread in the medicine forum and the 70% weighting on ps is for medicine applicants.
    I'm not sure about your course at all or how they use your ps. Sorry.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.