Turn on thread page Beta

UCAs application sending date watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, when are you going to/did you send off your completed UCAs application? I'm hoping to get mine done by the end of September although the Oxbridge and vet/med people are top priority in my school.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off last year... 19th October or something thereabouts I think.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was mid-October last year (I think the 14th)

ReputationRep:
    Around the 20th October last year I think

ReputationRep:
    For medicine/dentistry and Oxbridge, forms have to be in by October 15th of each year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna send mine in September so I can get an offer earlier.

Sent on Novermber 15th (I think)

ReputationRep:
    It's up to my school, they all go off on the 4th Oct.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, the teacher/referee sends it, not you. I think they will send it in October as they might need the whole September to write references.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    By the way, the teacher/referee sends it, not you. I think they will send it in October as they might need the whole September to write references.
    Yeah i know, but in my school the tutors will have done the reference by September (although they will need to add AS results and A2 predictions) so it won't take long to add it and it should be done by the end of September. They want all of them sent by October half term.

ReputationRep:
    We've been told that when we've done our forms, we hand them in and have to wait 2-3wks for referances to be added to them, and be sent.

So far, we've been given hardly any info on ucas forms, the PS was described as "a paragraph about yourself including which of your subjects you like, and the subject your dropping and why" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I hope we can see what our teacher wrote in our reference, too bad we can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    So far, we've been given hardly any info on ucas forms, the PS was described as "a paragraph about yourself including which of your subjects you like, and the subject your dropping and why" :rolleyes:
    All we've been told to do is register on the UCAs Apply page, but i've filled it in. All i need to do is finalise my choices, add my AS results when i get them and make sure my personal statement has no mistakes in it. We've been told nothing about the ps but this site has helped me so much with UCAs stuff, i feel so far ahead of everyone else in my year . I'm not going to explain why i'm dropping biology.

(Original post by trev1122)
    I hope we can see what our teacher wrote in our reference, too bad we can't.
    My tutor said we can go over ours with her before she adds it.

ReputationRep:
    My advice is to apply as soon as you can, especially for any courses which are oversubscribed. The sooner you get it sent off, the earlier the university will look at your UCAS form and the more chance you have of getting a place. I sent mine off last year about 20th October. I got offers from five out of my six choices.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off in earlyish October. I should've gotten it in a bit sooner though...I was only a few days off missing the Oxbridge deadline.

ReputationRep:
    April

I was oringally going to take a year out but I had a yearning to learn more. I'm pleased im going straight to uni and have no regrets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    AprilI was oringally going to take a year out but I had a yearning to learn more. I'm pleased im going straight to uni and have no regrets.
    Did you still get good offers even though you applied after the main deadline? What were you planning on doing during your year out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Did you still get good offers even though you applied after the main deadline? What were you planning on doing during your year out?
    I only applied for one uni and got a conditional offer. I was planning on chilling out / getting a job for a while. Getting an IT job in cambridge is almost impossible without a degree

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.