The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants 2017

...because it's never too early.

This thread is to bring together people who are considering applying to Bath.

As an icebreaker you may wish to post what you're currently studying and what course you hope to study at university and where you're applying to.

Useful links:

A prospectus - a link to the different subjects as well as more handy things on the side.

2017 prospectus - warning: massive file! Slightly different to the webpages and some of the entry requirements are slightly different (eg Biosciences) but the webpages are said to have the correct entry requirements.

University Connect - Connect to other applicants here, past and present.

Official TSR representative - a thread for the official representatives of Bath.

Open days - information about them and other ways to visit Bath and the campus. Definitely worth it for any uni that you want to apply to.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths A levels.
Interested in a Psychology degree.

Applying to Bath (twice! the 3 year course and the 4 year sandwich course), UCL, Birmingham and Royal Holloway - though I liked Bath so much I would seriously consider deferring if I didn't get in.

Hi! ^^
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Hi! Currently studying Sociology, English Literature and Philosophy, applied to study BSc Social Science (Sandwich), got my offer last week!
HI :smile:

I'm applying to Bath to study chemical engineering. I'm also applying to Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield and Loughbrough, but Bath is definitely my 1st choice!
Anyone know when bath usually give out offers (and specifically for maths)?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Original post by munchkin1212
HI :smile:

I'm applying to Bath to study chemical engineering. I'm also applying to Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield and Loughbrough, but Bath is definitely my 1st choice!

What are your GCSEs grades and predicted if you don't mind?
Reply 6
Original post by TH3-FL45H

I got mine after 2 days, but that was a week ago and in the Social and Policy science department. Don't worry if it takes a while, good luck!
Original post by Bethanymrd
I got mine after 2 days, but that was a week ago and in the Social and Policy science department. Don't worry if it takes a while, good luck!

Thanks!

Reply 8
Hello!
Currently studying Economics, History & Art History, applied to study Politics with Economics (sandwich) & have received offer.
Applying also to Oxford, Loughborough & Plymouth
Original post by APersonYo
What are your GCSEs grades and predicted if you don't mind?

Hey :smile:

I'm predicted A*A*A (maths, chemistry and future maths).

At GCSE I got 11A*s and 2As

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by munchkin1212
Hey :smile:

I'm predicted A*A*A (maths, chemistry and future maths).

At GCSE I got 11A*s and 2As

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn. Impressive :smile: You are certainly a much better applicant than me :s-smilie:
Original post by APersonYo
Damn. Impressive :smile: You are certainly a much better applicant than me :s-smilie:

I highly doubt that! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine for maths after a month or so but this was 3 years ago :tongue:

Hi there!

I'm Chris, a second year Computer Science student at Bath. It's great you're considering Bath - I've really enjoyed my time here so far.

We give equal consideration to all applications receivedbefore the UCAS deadline of 15 January. We aim to make decisions before the end of March on all applications received by the 15 January deadline.

Should we require any further information or supporting documents in order to process your application then we will contact you by email, so please check that your contact details are correct in Application Tracker. There is no need to contact us to check the progress of your application.

As soon as a decision is made it will be visible in UCAS Track.

Hope this helps - if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Chris
Studying Maths, Politics and History to A2 (and also AEA Maths but I'm not really 'studying' for that)

Applied for Economics with Placement (hooray for 4 year degrees!)

I've also applied to Durham, Cambridge, Surrey and Warwick!
Doing IB, taking HL Maths, Further Maths, Econ, Literature

Applied for Economics.

I got my offer around 2 days ago! :smile:
Reply 16
Anyone else applied for biomedical science as the medicine 5th choice at Bath? And does anyone know on average when they will start to give out offers? :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
I applied for the 5-year course Meng in Computer Science, already received a conditional offer from them of AAA-A*AB which is great since I already have an A* for Maths :wink:

A-Level Subjects: Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Computer Science.
Other choices: Oxford, Bristol, Exeter and UCL.

Good Luck all with their offers :smile:
Original post by nia.katochi
Doing IB, taking HL Maths, Further Maths, Econ, Literature

Applied for Economics.

I got my offer around 2 days ago! :smile:

When did you apply?
I've for BSc Sociology- I've also applied for LSE, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. I would be really happy with offers from any of my choices, loved them all! Predicted A*A*A in Maths, Sociology and Fine Art!

Anyone else applying for sociology?

Quick Reply

Latest