BTEC science and getting into uni

    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently applying to study paramedic science at university. All the universities I have seen ask 5 GCSEs a to C grade including maths English and science.
    At School I did a level 2 extended certificate in applied science with grade pass. Is this the equivalent to a c at gcse and will universities accept this?

    Yes, it is technically equivalent to a grade C at GCSE as you can see on the comparison chart below. However, different unis many have slightly different entry requirements for alternative qualifications so you will need to check with them that they will accept it. Often you can do that on the UCAS website by searching the course you are interested in and then looking on the entry requirements tab.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What is your favourite day of the week
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.