Women do not know how to choose good partners, arrage marriages are not bas

ReputationRep:
    Women do not know how to chose a good partner to marry and have children with particularly young women. They always go for the badboys and look for drama and excitement. Therefore, overlooking the good stable guys that would make great partners and fathers. As a woman, I honestly believe women make love decisions emotionally and are easily fooled and blinded.

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them decide since most young women don't know a good man if they see one. Look st the divorce rates, 70 percent divorces are initiated by women that chose their men. They all soon discovered these were the wrong men for them but learn too late.

Force marriages are bad, no one should ever be forced. But there's nothing with arrange marriages as long as both parties agree to it. No one knows you better than your parents.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. I want to be in love with the person before I marry them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahsez)
    No one knows you better than your parents.
    I know myself better than my parents. They wouldn't know who is 'right' for me.

ReputationRep:
    And, guys only want a trophy wife. See, I can be horribly stereotypical too.

ReputationRep:
    Women do not know how to chose a good partner to marry and have children with particularly young women. They always go for the badboys and look for drama and excitement. Therefore, overlooking the good stable guys that would make great partners and fathers. As a woman, I honestly believe women make love decisions emotionally and are easily fooled and blinded.

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them decide since most young women don't know a good man if they see one. Look st the divorce rates, 70 percent divorces are initiated by women that chose their men. They all soon discovered these were the wrong men for them but learn too late.

Force marriages are bad, no one should ever be forced. But there's nothing with arrange marriages as long as both parties agree to it. No one knows you better than your parents.
    stable guys? u mean those men who take care of horses and sweep princesses off their feet in fairtytales?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao no. Parents can't read the minds of their kids, they have no idea what I want and believe it or not, you can have unhappy arranged marriages.

Go hide under a rock OP.

ReputationRep:
    Women are really not as helpless and dizty as you make out.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this is the most sexist thread I have ever seen on TSR. And trust me, as a boy of almost 18 even I have been blinded by love and could have easily avoided the pain it caused me.

ReputationRep:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...fff0972567.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Post this on the I-SOC thread where idiots will actually agree with you.
    Excuse me

ReputationRep:
    Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brainwashing worked well with this one.

ReputationRep:
    Arranged marriages may work in some cultures where parents have tighter control of their daughters, but in Western society it wouldn't work because girls and young women have more freedom to choose their life partner. There is also the fact that you don't really know someone until you live with them. I have been married twice - widowed once and divorced once. I didn't have parents to arrange my marriages, but if I had, I'd be sure to tell them to take a long walk offa short pier if they had tried to arrange either of my marriages, and the same goes for my own children., who would not appreciate me interfering in their lives to the extent of choosing their husbands.
    It's a non-starter.

ReputationRep:
    OP probably had some love failures in life. 1M% sure of this.

ReputationRep:
    No one knows you better than your parents.
    I know myself better

ReputationRep:
    You know it's scary that there are still people who we've allowed into the West who believe this sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    aaand now let's get down to pointing out the flaws in ur argument lol

most young women don't know a good man if they see one.
    believe me, i know a good man when i see him lol.. it's not that complicated rlly

They always go for the badboys and look for drama and excitement.
    what's wrong with that? usually, the bad boy thing is just a facade. u know how many seemingly innocent men are actually manipulative dicks? and i doubt that anyone is ever looking for drama

Look st the divorce rates, 70 percent divorces are initiated by women that chose their men
    because women in arranged marriages don't usually have a say in anything except what they cook for lunch.. and i'm having doubts about that too lol

Arrange marriages were created in order to protect young woman and help them decide since most young women don't know a good man if they see one.
    that's complete and utter bs
    arranged marriages were created to secure the wealth of certain families and secure alliances

As a woman, I honestly believe women make love decisions emotionally and are easily fooled and blinded.
    there's always something wrong with women isn't it?
    if we marry someone we love, we're stupid
    if we marry sb out of interest, we're gold diggers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    OP probably had some love failures in life. 1M% sure of this.
    oh really?=))))))))))))))
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4318124
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4242940
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4108799
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4108799

ReputationRep:
    What makes so called badboys bad partners?

I agree that abuse and infidelity is awful, but ignoring that, fun exciting men who bring the woman happiness are far better than monotony and safety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    stable guys? u mean those men who take care of horses
    fuaaaaaaaaaaaark :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    wow.u really are a great detective.Looks like OP had no love life

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.