Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

What's a group interview like? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview on Thursday at Artisan people for a part-time temporary job and I rang up to find out about times and locations. She then told me it was going to be a group interview and to be honest, the idea kind of scares me... This is my first ever interview aswell.

Any advice or knowledge on the subject? Thanks
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They tend to do silly ice-breaker games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collegeisbae)
    Got an interview on Thursday at Artisan people for a part-time temporary job and I rang up to find out about times and locations. She then told me it was going to be a group interview and to be honest, the idea kind of scares me... This is my first ever interview aswell.

I've had a group interview once.. ur definitely gonna be asked to collaborate with the other ppl there at some point, but don't worry if they seem better than u or anything.. in my case, there were 3 interviewees (including me), and both another guy and I were chosen

just relax and do ur best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    I've had a group interview once.. ur definitely gonna be asked to collaborate with the other ppl there at some point, but don't worry if they seem better than u or anything.. in my case, there were 3 interviewees (including me), and both another guy and I were chosen

Oh goodness... well just going have to try my best I suppose. Did the interviewers ask many questions? Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    I just had a group interview at ASDA, they called it Asda Magic aha. But all we did was talk, and they wanted to see how we interact with people we don't know, if we look people in the eyes when we talk etc, we played stupid games and introduced each other - could have been a lot worse. I got the job though

ReputationRep:
    Oh goodness... well just going have to try my best I suppose. Did the interviewers ask many questions? Thanks for the advice.
    it depends
    they'll usually start by asking each of u questions separately.. the group task usually comes towards the end
    make sure u don't come across as overbearing, but try to be assertive enough too
    and if there's a chance for you to help one of the other ppl there, don't hesitate to do it!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Where was your group interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Where was your group interview?
    HMC interview for a scholarship

ReputationRep:
    it depends
    they'll usually start by asking each of u questions separately.. the group task usually comes towards the end
    make sure u don't come across as overbearing, but try to be assertive enough too
    and if there's a chance for you to help one of the other ppl there, don't hesitate to do it!
    That sounds a lot better, would prefer them to ask questions separately and I'll try my best to follow your instructions, thanks again.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    HMC interview for a scholarship
    Cool, what's the scholarship entail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    I just had a group interview at ASDA, they called it Asda Magic aha. But all we did was talk, and they wanted to see how we interact with people we don't know, if we look people in the eyes when we talk etc, we played stupid games and introduced each other - could have been a lot worse. I got the job though
    Congratulations on getting the job! That's great! That sounds like a pretty relaxed interview, I think I'd quite like that. Hope mine is similar.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on getting the job! That's great! That sounds like a pretty relaxed interview, I think I'd quite like that. Hope mine is similar.
    Just relax and be yourself. You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Cool, what's the scholarship entail?
    25,000 pound scholarship for a year at a boarding school in the uk (for lower sixth form), with the possibility of doing upper sixth there too
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    25,000 pound scholarship for a year at a boarding school in the uk (for lower sixth form), with the possibility of doing upper sixth there too
    That's good. is this the school you're at now?

ReputationRep:
    That's good. is this the school you're at now?
    nah
    i turned it down and finished college in romania
    didn't really like the school they put me in
    idk it just didn't feel right but now i still want to go to uni in the uk lol
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    nah
    i turned it down and finished college in romania
    didn't really like the school they put me in
    idk it just didn't feel right but now i still want to go to uni in the uk lol
    Okay. I bet that was fun. What was Romania like?

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I bet that was fun. What was Romania like?
    =))))))))))))))))not necessarily better, but it all turned out well in the end
    but now that i live in austria i do kinda miss it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    =))))))))))))))))not necessarily better, but it all turned out well in the end
    but now that i live in austria i do kinda miss it
    Good. And, that's awesome , I bet the cousins is interesting.

ReputationRep:

I've run group interviews - what they tend to look for is how well people mix with others. Do they dominate the group? Can they share ideas and, if there is a group task, reach a good compromise?

Try to listen to others but do contribute.

ReputationRep:
    Good. And, that's awesome , I bet the cousins is interesting.
    the cousins? ))waat

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.