Refreshing things Watch

dh00001
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I dont know if its the weather or what but at the minute i am getting insanely thirsty at night. im getting bored of drinking water and eating grapes in attempt to quench my err other word for thirst :p: plus more than one ice lolly a day isnt going to do me much good. so what do you guys eat drink thats good for thirst and not really bad for me
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
watermelon?
dh00001
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hm yes that works but i always get in a mess with it so its not not practical when im not in a position to clean up:p:
she
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cucumber, hm, cucumber :p:
Fishfinger Sandwich
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Innocent smoothies. You'll need to sell a lot of your stuff to pay for them though.
beebeeworm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lemonade and orange juice with lots of ice is a nice refreshing summer drink - use diet lemonade if you want to keep the cals down.
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ice is very refreshing
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anything with citrus is usually meant to be refreshing, so for instance a lemon + apple drink, or orangy lemon. Lemon/lime :p: Etc.
Stefan_M
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can remember when I was little and it was summertime and getting hot, I always used to get out my Mr Frosty to make some ice lollys and Slush Puppy-type drinks and they always ket me refreshed, so perhaps you could get one of them! lol

If you feel that owning a Mr. Frosty may lose you some "street cred," then perhaps you could make some water ices, since they are virtually just ice with flavouring and can be made in advance for when you want them!

A favourite of mine is "Peach Water Ice" and it basically consists of:

1 cup sugar
2 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups peaches (pressed for the juice)

And what you basically do is boil water and sugar together for around 5-10 minutes and let it cool. Once its cool, you then stir in your fruit juice and then pour it into a bowl and place it in the freezer.

As it begins to freeze you need to keep stirring the mixture from the outside of the bowl - the crystals that form on the outside of the bowl need to be moved into the centre - and you repeat this every half hour or so, until it gets really slushy. Once it has reached this composure, let it freeze overnight and then when you are ready to eat it, simply scrape off the ice in a sideways direction and eat! Voila!

I know it might seem like a lot of work to do, however you can make it in big quantites and it will surely keep you refreshed!
Rainygal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lemon squash is apparently very refreshing although I don't like it, you might though...
brown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been having a lot of cranberry juice lately and it really is a nice, summery drink .
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pineapple, pineapple, pineapple mmmmm
happydinosaur
Report 11 years ago
Lemon drinks...so some good proper lemonade or lemon squash always score high points for being refreshing from me.
anonymous1985
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The best juice in existence has to be blackcurrent juice.
MatchDancer
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lemon lassie - yoghurt, water, lemon, ice. We had them lots on holiday and were so refreshing, I've never actually made them myself, but I'm going to. Saying that, you probably need to put sugar in so maybe not so good for you.
There is also lemon juice, just lemon water and sugar but needs a lot of sugar. Also leaves you slightly flemmy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (131)
46.45%
Pro-humanity (151)
53.55%

Watched Threads