The Student Room Group

The Mixed Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I feel I have to go on record and state Kazushi Sakuraba is my all time favourite. A true hero.

Anyone else a fan?
Of Sak? Absolutely. One of the greatest of all times.

Rumours are that he's fighting Kang in heroes next... I like Sak far too much to want to see him do that :frown:
Reply 42
Sakuraba has probably taken more punishment that anyone in MMA.

By the way, I'm thinking of putting £10 on Couture to win by decision tonight even though I feel Gonzaga will get the better of him.
ForeverIsMyName
Randy/Gonzaga
GSP/Koscheck
Daddy/Pellegrino
Cote/Grove
Huerta/Crane
Babalu/Heath
Mir/Hardonk
Aurelio/Guida
Leites/Jensen

My picks... I sooo badly want Mir to win... but he's so washed up! Babalu should take Heath... Aurelio willl destroy Guida after what he did to Gomi. Grove is a big deal at 185.

Flame on!

What an awesome card! If anyone wants links, they're on Dailymotion right now, with UFC 74 as the tags.
Reply 44
roger huerta is off the hook, i love watching him fight.
and congrats to randy, that kick to the head must have rocked him :|
Reply 45
w00t w00t UFC74 on BRAVO now :biggrin:
Reply 46
Babalu made me sick, he should be suspended
I think losing half his cut is about fair in terms of punishment... great card altogether!
ForeverIsMyName
I doubt it; I think the UFC will protect both guys and set them up for a fight when Nog wins the title (Which will happen, unless the F bomb gets dropped in the HW division!)

My mistake, I think it's Herring that's fighting Nog, and Mirko is being protected. I don't think you can garuntee Nog beating Randy either after 74. It's good that most of the fighters who were trash talking got their asses handed to them.
Reply 49
burningnun
My mistake, I think it's Herring that's fighting Nog, and Mirko is being protected. I don't think you can garuntee Nog beating Randy either after 74. It's good that most of the fighters who were trash talking got their asses handed to them.

I believe you were actually correct in the first place mate. I had read that if Cro Cop wins we will see him and Nog II with the winner getting a title shot.
burningnun

Herring already fought Nog - 3 times. Nog has won 2 decisions and a submission (Anaconda choke... was amazing. Same choke Babalu got David Heath with at 74).

Mirko is being handed a golden oppurtunity at UFC 75 - An inferior kickboxing with horrible wrestling and BJJ. Mirko, KO, round 1.
Was Babalu broadcast on Bravo? I don't remember seeing that fight.
Nope, it was undercard, along with Guida-Aurelio and Mir/Hardonk. Cool undercard, I thought.

Just watched the Grove/Cote fight, with the pre-fight interview...

"What's he going to do, knock me out? Pfffft"

It was at this point that I knew that Grove was indeed going to lose.

Sad really, he has potential. If only he'd taken Cote down :frown:

Links and Gifs in sigs, as well. Ask me if you've got any requests.
Reply 54
What's the best fighting style? You'd expect the police and military to learn all this kung-fu shizzle if it was so effective but they learn grapple's and locks. This might be slightly off topic but oh well.
mr-tom
What's the best fighting style? You'd expect the police and military to learn all this kung-fu shizzle if it was so effective but they learn grapple's and locks. This might be slightly off topic but oh well.

Police in America learn Brazilian jujitsu occasionally, as do the Israeli armed forces; a type of modified grappling using holds. The referee from the UFC, John Mccarthy, teaches grappling. He has a black belt in BJJ, if I remember correctly.

Kung Fu hasn't been seen in the UFC... ever, I don't think.
LOL, kung-fu is crap. Big John wanted to fight in the UFC as he was friends with some of the Gracies. I think it was Royce who persuaded him not to and to referee instead, but yes a lot of BJJ guys started teaching in Cali, and I think Big John does indeed train the police. The police aren't supposed to be able to KO people with high kicks, they detain them in the safest way possible for the cop and the suspect.
Join the society people!
How? When I click your sig link I just go to some post in this thread.
Systema or Krav-Maga?? Any thoughts.

Quick Reply

Latest