Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

GCSE exam dates

    • Thread Starter

    I would like to apply for a postgraduate course and I need a GCSE English language. Does anyone know where I could take this exam ASAP in London?

    Depends on which examiner you decide to take exams with You could take IGCSE English language with CIE in November
    or with Edexcel in January

    gdunne42's advice is good but if you wish to take either then you need to find an exam centre willing to accept you as soon as possible - the main entry deadline for November is 4 October and for January is 21 October but centres may close their books before that. Look on the relevant exam board websites for advice on how to be a private candidate, but it all hinges on finding a centre (=any secondary school or college) who will accept you as everything is arranged through them.

    Building on Composts important advice, if cost is not an issue and just getting this done is your goal then try the private institutions such as:
    Duff Miller, Pascals, London Brooke's, Ealing, Campbell Harris, etc
    Google "private igcse exam centre" or similar for other suggestions such as

    P.S. It seems odd that a post graduate opportunity is demanding a GCSE English qualification, is there no other acceptable proof of English language capability that they would accept and could be completed more quickly?*
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.