Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Met this guy online and he says he loves me but doesn't want a LDR

So a couple of months ago I met this guy online, we started talking and have been ever since. I know it's quick but I really feel like I'm in love with him and he says he feels the same. We are both 18 and still at school, living about 90 mins away and he says he doesn't want a relationship as he thinks it will hurt me being away from him so much. I really want to be with him and he says the same but I don't know how to convince him that it could work, or if he is right and we'd both end up getting hurt.

Any advice appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So a couple of months ago I met this guy online, we started talking and have been ever since. I know it's quick but I really feel like I'm in love with him and he says he feels the same. We are both 18 and still at school, living about 90 mins away and he says he doesn't want a relationship as he thinks it will hurt me being away from him so much. I really want to be with him and he says the same but I don't know how to convince him that it could work, or if he is right and we'd both end up getting hurt.

Any advice appreciated!
    LDR are a pain in the a**, when they end you laugh about it wondering if it was even a thing... just my experience.

ReputationRep:
    nobody wants a LDR lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Any advice appreciated!
    I wouldnt say you are both in love as you have never met in person. Both of you have this image of what the other is like from chatting online but you dont really know what they are like unless you meet them as it is easy to type a few words on the screen. You dont know what he is like in person how he is with others around him, how do you feel around him compared to chatting online, how does he treat you.
    Why not meet him first and get to know him properly before deciding to be with each other?
    I met someone online and thought i liked them but when i met him i realised i didnt feel for him like i did when i chatted to him but thats because i had this image of what he was like beforehand and there was no chemistry.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.