Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Smoking, seizures and dizziness? - Are they linked?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I had a seizure a couple of months ago, only ever had one and awaiting results from my scan/tests. I think I've lost some of my memory since this fit as well :/

Anyway, I'm not a regular smoker, used to have the occasional one but I've been having 2 a day for the past week now. Every time I smoke one, I get very very dizzy to the point where I feel I can't stand up - could this be linked to my seizure, or is it just because I'm not used to smoking?

Grateful for any replies/advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cattlelivestock)
    Hi,

So I had a seizure a couple of months ago, only ever had one and awaiting results from my scan/tests. I think I've lost some of my memory since this fit as well :/

Anyway, I'm not a regular smoker, used to have the occasional one but I've been having 2 a day for the past week now. Every time I smoke one, I get very very dizzy to the point where I feel I can't stand up - could this be linked to my seizure, or is it just because I'm not used to smoking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't be supprised since a lot of stuff that doesn't seem related can be. I guess a connection could be if it's causing issues with your lungs or something and you're not getting enough oxygen.

Either way the smoking issue is worth talking to your doctor about as it could indicate various issues some of which could be very serious.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any smoker who has the first one feels a bit dizzy, I'd say not linked.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only a doctor would really know this, but it might be worth quitting the smoking anyway just in case. I personally wouldn't think it was related, but I'm not even close to a medical professional. When I smoke, because I don't smoke often (only socially), I can only smoke 1/2 or 3/4 of one at a time because otherwise I feel dizzy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.