Protecting Papers Watch

Lucy :)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Is there anything you can buy to like protect newspapers because was going through my chest thing today and I have papers from:

September 11th
Madrid Bombings
Tsunami
July 7th
World Cup

and things like that and the paper feels horrible and smells really bad now especially the ones from 6 years ago.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Will they fit in a folder or plastic wallet or something? I dunno, I'm not very helpful
mute
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lil Miss Luce)
Is there anything you can buy to like protect newspapers because was going through my chest thing today and I have papers from:

September 11th
Madrid Bombings
Tsunami
July 7th
World Cup

and things like that and the paper feels horrible and smells really bad now especially the ones from 6 years ago.
you should get them laminated, or file them away in sealed wallets/vacuum packs, or just cover them in sticky back plastic :p: very carefully.

S'all I can think of anyway, unless you have one of those rooms that you can control the temperature and humidity and stuff in that you aren't mentioning :p:
Sidhe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have a Bible form the 19th century, I'm not religious, but I covered it in Celophane and it's survived pretty well. Unfortunately I had to take it off to read it. Oh no wait there's the mistake :smile:. Just kidding it's an old bible from a church that was given to my Nan as a thank you so it's an heirloom. It's not worth jack apart from sentimental value, she's dead now, so I remember her by it: a great lady. And I mean someone who was so kind and so respected by our family, that it was an honour to have known her. I got it in my religious days, and although I lost my religion, I didn't realise how much it was worth until later in life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (627)
80.59%
Leave (151)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise