The Student Room Group

Looking to study in Canada?

Hi all

Looking to perhaps study in Canada for 2017 entry. I am also applying for UCAS where I am applying for Economics and Politics. I was wondering how could I apply for a Canadian uni like Toronto or McGill uni?

What kind of exams must I sit (other than A-Levels), the financial funding I can gain, how apply and the deadlines? I have good GCSE grades (9A*/A) and also looking at being predicted AAA/AAB for UCAS.

Can someone give me any info on this please?

Thanks
Original post by maoism123
Hi all

Looking to perhaps study in Canada for 2017 entry. I am also applying for UCAS where I am applying for Economics and Politics. I was wondering how could I apply for a Canadian uni like Toronto or McGill uni?

What kind of exams must I sit (other than A-Levels), the financial funding I can gain, how apply and the deadlines? I have good GCSE grades (9A*/A) and also looking at being predicted AAA/AAB for UCAS.

I would suggest looking at UT or McGill's admissions page to get a better idea of what they require, as well as the deadlines involved.

For the most part, I wouldn't say having a SAT/ACT would be necessary for an international applicant, but will be a bonus if you've already sat it.
Reply 2
Could I get into University of Toronto with average GCSE grades (3As, 5Bs, 2Cs) but good A Level predictions (A*AA)? The website doesn't provide specific requirements, all it says is 5 GCSEs and 3 A levels. I hope to study an Economics Degree.
Reply 3
Original post by maoism123
Hi all

Thanks

I've applied for McGill this year (Post A level), it's really easy, no extra tests or anything, you just fill in a UCAS type form with basic personal info on the website, and then you need to get an official record of your grades & predictions stamped by your school and uploaded. Thats it.
As for extra funding you'd be unlikely to get it unless you qualify for scholarships, but I think you need to be heavily involved in extra curriculars (at school) and have incredible grades, i.e. A*A*A*. I didn't bother myself, for reference I got 7A* 1A at GCSE, AAAA at AS, and AAB at A2.
Deadline is March I believe, but its a rolling admissions process so the earlier you apply the earlier you hear back.
Can't help for UofT but I'd imagine its not dissimilar from McGill
Original post by Bazbaz
I've applied for McGill this year (Post A level), it's really easy, no extra tests or anything, you just fill in a UCAS type form with basic personal info on the website, and then you need to get an official record of your grades & predictions stamped by your school and uploaded. Thats it. As for extra funding you'd be unlikely to get it unless you qualify for scholarships, but I think you need to be heavily involved in extra curriculars (at school) and have incredible grades, i.e. A*A*A*. I didn't bother myself, for reference I got 7A* 1A at GCSE, AAAA at AS, and AAB at A2. Deadline is March I believe, but its a rolling admissions process so the earlier you apply the earlier you hear back. Can't help for UofT but I'd imagine its not dissimilar from McGill

Hello I'd like to know when will mcgill ask us for predicted a level grades and certificates for gcses and as levels? Because I've also applied but they only ask for my transcript. Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by youknowwho3
Hello I'd like to know when will mcgill ask us for predicted a level grades and certificates for gcses and as levels? Because I've also applied but they only ask for my transcript. Thanks!

You should try to send them asap especially your gcse as and predicted a level ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending